Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BRA'S

Do I share to much on my blog? Well I guess if you have a problem with it than don't read it! HA HA but yes this little blog post is about BRA'S.

Dan is out of town on business for a couple of days and so I thought it would be a good time to go looking for some nursing bra's. I went to Target because that's where I buy the majority of my bra's from and they have SUPER CUTE ones, so I was excited to see what they would have for nursing bra's. Well when I got to that part of the bra section I looked all over and all I saw were black and white bra's. Thats it! I own one white bra and I only wear it when going to the temple. Other than that I do not own a single solid color bra.

I sat on the sales floor holding a black bra and a white bra and I started getting teary eyed as I contemplated if I should get more of white or more of black. My heart sank as I thought that I can not already be losing who I am because I am becoming a mother. I really don't know where the tears were coming from... maybe it was because earlier I yelled at a Walmart associate and was feeling a little bad about it, or simply because this baby is coming in 4 weeks and I admit that I am scared. I mean I am buying bra's with a clip in the front so just a pop of a button and everyone gets a nice surprise! What is more motherly than that!

I picked myself up off the floor and kept looking around. I did find one blue polka dot bra that was a size to small but I bought it anyways just to say I can keep it exciting under there!

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am beyond excited to becoming a mother, it truly has been something I have wanted my whole life, I just get a little overwhelmed sometimes. I am sure there will be many more blog posts about overwhelming-ness but for right now my biggest problem is wearing a simple black or white bra!


4 comments:

Danielle and Brian said...

oh Les... just wait! your worry will soon become much more focused on the babe then yourself and your bra. haha Its a miracle these days if I get a bra on. I have had far to many instances lately where I have felt that I have lost myself just because I am a mother, I have been told by my loving sisters that this phase will soon pass and being able to put on a sexy bra (over the g's) will become part of me again! :) hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Don't even feel you have to explain yourself, anyone who's had a baby knows all that's involved (pre-baby and post-baby) it's overwhelming, no matter how ready and excited you are :)

(good luck with the bras...my nursing bras were a disaster, half the time I just went braless or wore sports bras)

Unknown said...

Pez get a medela nursing bra..you can get them online I think or you can have your mom get you one at the Rexburg hospital for really good price.

Powell's Place said...

Ok, your Target must be a sad one, because we have all sorts of nursing bras on ours: leopard, blue and white polka dot, stripes, etc. However, I had to laugh when I read Danielle's comment, because she is SO right. Your last thought in the world is going to be about your bra in a few weeks. But for now, enjoy that you can be sad about not finding a cute nursing bra :). I have to tell you that my favorite one is from Motherhood (it's white with kind of silky white flowers on it). Boo for the white, but at least it doesn't make my boobs look like concave weird things on my chest like a lot of them do hahaha.