Friday, September 9, 2011

REXBURG PART ONE!

There was so much that happened while in Rexburg that I decided it would be better to break it up into parts. So there will be posts throughout the weekend and week. I just can't blog it all at once! IT'S TO MUCH!!!!!


HERE WE GO!

We were in Rexburg for 2 FULL WEEKS!
This first blog post will cover Wednesday-Sunday

WEDNESDAY:
Meg and I flew into Salt Lake City at 11:50p.m. Megan chose the flight times... We still don't know why it was so late at night but its all good!
Brooke and Michelle were there to greet us with big smilies! We were so excited to all see each other and knowing that we get to hang out for so long helped add to that excitement. We literally laughed the whole way to Michelle's house about who knows what. 25 cent tolls, and random comments that made no sense. It was great! We got settled in and didn't fall asleep until about 2:00a.m.

THURSDAY:
Thursday was a very eventful day! Michelle went to work for the morning before we headed to Rexburg, so me and Meg were in charge of taking care of Sage and Reese. Well Megan gets this really bad stress knot in her shoulder and ends up kinking her neck to the point where she can't move. We called Michelle like 8 times a work looking for heating pads, icyhot, anything to help Meg with the pain. We couldn't find anything so I am running around the house keeping track of two kids and trying to not laugh at Megan hunched over in a chair. It was so much, I was laughing so hard tears were running down my face. I eventually made my own heating pad. I got one of Cam's baseball socks and filled it with rice and heated it up! Meg put it on her shoulder and it looked like a little squirrel sitting on her shoulder! AGAIN HILARIOUS !
We had lunch with Mich and Brooke and then Mich, Me, and Meg headed up to Idaho. But don't forget about Megan's kinked neck.....
(Megan, Please don't kill me for putting this picture on my blog)
She had to wear this towel around her neck the whole day!

We did feel bad because once we got home, it got worse we almost went to the emergency room! We still laughed though... It was really funny!
Being home was amazing! My mom and dad were so excited to see us! We talked and talked and talked and finally got to bed realizing we have 2 weeks to catch up on everything!

FRIDAY:
The day was spent running errands and getting things ready for the triathlon the next day. We were able to stop by my mom's office and do ultrasound pictures on Megan and Me! It was super fun! I admit I got a little emotional, it was just so fun to have my mom being able to do an ultrasound on me. I loved it!
We went to Porter's and had Fong's for lunch!
My parents went to Burley for the night to celebrate my Dad's 40 year high school Reunion. Can you believe that... 40 YEARS!!! Holy smokes! ha ha
Brooke and her family came up to Rexburg and we started getting ready for the triathlon by practicing transitions! I missed not being a part of it! I am really planning on doing it next summer! I have missed working out to the fullest and training for something. I am ready to get to doing that again.

So Michelle, Cam, Mikey, and Brooke all did the triathlon this year. Meg and I were the pregnant people in charge of little kids and taking pictures. Thank goodness Jeff and Shay were there to help!

SATURDAY:
The triathlon team woke up at 5:00a.m and I joined them for some reason, but it was good to make sure they all got off ok. Meg and I fell back asleep so we didn't make it to the swimming but we were there for everything else. Running around trying to find everyone, throwing kids in the car and trying to dodge runners and bikers in the car. All I can say is Megan is definitely a New York driver. She did awesome though!


&
Everyone did amazing! Mikey did the Full and the rest did the sprint. It was great to watch them all cross the finish line! I love my family and I am so proud of them!
The rest of the day was spent taking naps, eating Millhollow Sandwhiches, and sno-shacks! The Rexburg goodness! My Parents got home super late that night.

SUNDAY:
My dad headed off to church meetings, and we went to church at my parents home ward. Its crazy how time changes wards.. I hardly recognized anyone there. It was good to see those who I did recognize though!
We then all came home and got ready for a backyard bbq! I love my parents backyard. Its so beautiful and my mom and dad work so hard on the landscaping to make it look the way it does. You definitely can't find a place like where they live anymore!

Brooke and our newest addition to the Mendenhall Family... Tray.

Enjoying the kids and the weather. I may be bias but Rexburg has the most perfect weather in the summer.
Me and Mich. I just love how gigantic I look in every picture. The joys of being pregnant!


The Mendenhall grand-kids! 2 more girls to add that!!

After we ate Brooke and the fam packed up and had to head back to Utah. School started for them the next day. We wish they could have stayed!! Cam also took off leaving Me, Meg, Mich, The girls, and my parents. Mich stayed the whole week with us!!

Well thats it for the weekend! There is MUCH MORE TO COME.... so stay tuned!
Enjoy for now!

3 comments:

Anderson said...

I'm sad we weren't there to see you! It would have been fun! Also, I still have your gift to send you. . . don't worry it will be coming!
You look so cute preggers- loved the pics on Facebook too! I hope everything is going ok for ya!

Meg said...

I seriously was laughing so hard reading this post and thinking about everything that happened. Great memory less! Oh the rice sock.....hahahah I can't believe it's over! Sad..many more fun adventures to come! This was a trip I will never forget! Oh how I just love you little sis! Baby girl is one lucky little person! xoxo

Cisneros Family said...

I am dying of laughter!! All the memories are coming back! Hands down- Best Trip Ever!!
I'm just going to refer peple to your blog to ready about the trip!! I love it!!