Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rexburg... PART FOUR & Final Post!

MONDAY:
The last few days we were home were quiet but still fun. It was left up to Megan and I to finish our projects without Michelle's help but we were bound and determined to finish. We did awesome... just a few fat quarter's wasted and some unstitching but for the most part we did great.

I will take some pics of the nursery once I get a chance!

We went with my mom to Porter's to pick out our fabric for our special "Grandma Blankets" that she makes for all the grandkids. They are going to be super cute but wont get it until my mom comes when the baby is born. Megs and I had Fongs for lunch. The last time for a while. I wish some of my readers could understand how Fongs is so good but yet so horribly cheap and disgusting. You just can't get enough of it and it makes you drink a lot of water. ha ha.

So Monday was a pretty low key day. Just sewing and finishing our stuff before we had to pack it all home.


TUESDAY:
It was our last full day in Rexburg. It was good tying up loose ends of everything and getting ready to go. Megs and I didn't realize how much stuff we had until we started packing. We had all the luggage we could have to fly with and still had a bunch of stuff so we ended up having to ship some stuff home. We were shoving everything we could into boxes and sending them home. IT was quite the adventure in the post office.

My mom came home from work and we decided that it would be fun to do maternity pictures. Where we live is the most beautiful place. We literally walked out my parents backyard and headed to the fields right behind their house.
It was so fun taking pictures with my mom and sister. Even though it was hard to get on the ground and climb over pipes it was still a good laugh and memories we won't forget.

I posted a few of my favorites here on the blog but if for some reason you want to see more of the fat version of Lesli you can click Here to see all the pictures. They are on my facebook page.

This is how it started. I don't think people realize how difficult it truly is to have a massive belly in front of you. I admit that I was one of those people who would be like stop complaining its not that hard, but let me tell you something.... being pregnant especially that big is hard, and difficult. I guess you can only understand when you go through it for yourself. Gosh men have it so easy!! :)


My beautiful mother with her pregnant daughters. We had so much fun with her and she was a great assistant to Megan. ha ha



Just a warning, you will be seeing a lot more of those ballet slippers when we do her new born pictures. They are just my favorite!! THANKS MEG!


Later that night we met up with my Dad and went and ate at the Pineapple Grill and had some delicious Sushi!! Don't worry it was cooked! I am so excited to eat real sushi when this little girl comes! We came home and played hand and foot and called it a night. It was a great night to end the vacation on!!!

WEDNESDAY:
Well the end has come. We woke up and headed to Utah. Again my amazing mother drove us down. We were able to meet up with my sister Michelle and her two little girls to Gardner's village and to have some lunch. Then it was time to head to the airport.
It was so sad leaving. It was time to go home but man it was hard to say goodbye to my sisters and my mom. I am so happy that I get to see my mom in just a few short weeks when the baby comes, but that didn't make me shed any less tears. We said our goodbyes and headed home.

Coming home felt well to be honest weird. We have been looking forward to this trip to Rexburg literally for months! And to have it over was just strange. I was so excited to see Dan and my little Ranger but it was hard too. I cried a lot that night. I don't know if its because I was just because of the pregnancy stuff or what, but I felt bad. I really was so excited to see Dan!
Don't worry life is back to normal now and I am glad to be back in Texas. Its even cooling down here. Instead of the heat being the 100's its now in the low 90's and 80's. It feels so nice! I am very proud of myself for surviving the summer months!

Thats it folks. Thats all I have from the Rexburg trip. So much happened that I missed a lot but I just can't but it all into words.

A HUGE thank you to my amazing family who simply make my life that much better. I am so happy that we live far away but still remain close!

Also to Daniel for letting me leave for that long. I was very happy to have him call me and to hear how much he missed me and was ready for me to come home. It feels good to be appreciated!!

On to the next Adventure....

2 comments:

Olive the Gores said...

You ladies are so cute...love your sisterhood!! Can't wait to see your nursery AND the beautiful lil girl!!! glad you all had a great time!!!

Marcy said...

Love this post Les...y'all are amazing and the closeness you have with your family is really something to be admired! I Love you