Thursday, September 22, 2011

Celebrating 27 Years

Dan turned 27 on Sunday. I love blogging about Dan because, yes, I get to brag about him!!

Since his birthday was on a Sunday this year we decided to make a weekend out of it. The company that Dan works for only works half day on Friday's so he gets to be home by noon! So we decided to enjoy the city a little bit before his real birthday celebration began. We went shopping and got some adorable things for our little girl! I can't help but buy her things. She is an expensive little girl and she hasn't even arrived yet!! HA HA There are just to many cute girly things out there... We are in trouble. Sorry off topic back to Daniel!

I wouldn't tell Dan where we were going for the night, I tried to keep it a surprise as much as I could. We came back home and got ready for the evening then headed back out to the city.
The big surprise was Medieval Times. HA HA ya where they joust in front of you, cheer for a knight, and eat EVERYTHING with your hands. Dan had never been to one and has always wanted to go so I thought that this was the perfect opportunity.

It turned out to be a lot of fun. Stupid, but worth the adventure. We got to take our picture in some sweet medieval times clothes and Dan got to hold a real sword. Ya it made him feel more like a man!

Until the show started we just walked around talking to people dressed up like knights and looking at all the weird things that people actually buy... Not really our taste but it was still fun to walk around.

Funny story. So they had 3 raffles where people got prizes. The first two were for small prizes the third was the grand prize. We were sitting at a table waiting to go into the show when they announced they were going to do the final drawing of the evening. Dan turned to me and said "Wouldn't it be so funny if they called your name" literally right as he said that they announced "The Winner is Lesli......(Pause for effect)... Lancaster."
THAT'S RIGHT! I WON! I looked at Dan and we both just started laughing so hard. They called my name again and they just said keep running and put your hands in the air.. They saw me and said "Come on RUN" I got up there and they took one look at me and my huge belly and smiled at me and said, "Oh never mind...." Ha ha I just looked at him and laughed saying " Running and jumping up and down probably isn't the best thing to do when your 8 months pregnant.
But who cares I WON!
I won four tickets to their grand opening night in November. We don't know if we are going to make it or not because we will have barley a one month old, but we will see.

I AM SO PROUD I WON!

Our knight was the black and white knight and guess who saved the day? OUR KNIGHT! totally kicked the trash of everyone else and saved the day!!!

All in all it was really fun and we laughed a lot.
Saturday we had our baby CPR class and Hospital tour so that pretty much took our whole day. I was craving Olive Garden so we had dinner there and went to a movie.

Sunday we celebrated Dan's actual birthday by going to church and having dinner. Later than night our friends the Mott's came over to have some cake and ice cream. We had a great time just talking and hanging out.

It was a good birthday I think, and Dan seemed to have a good time all weekend so I feel successful!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Medieval times...good stuff. That's so funny that you won...leave baby with a babysitter and take that night for yourselves. You'll need it, and surely enjoy it!