Saturday, October 20, 2012

One Year


Dear June,
      Happy First Birthday!!!

      What can I say that can express how much I truly love you? You my dear, are a one year old. I look back over the past 12 months and realize at how much you have already taught me about being a mother, You have changed my world for the better. I literally just can't get enough of you.
      Over the past month you have grown to love more solid foods, and less of a bottle. I am happy to announce little one that you are free of nursing and bottles. I honestly think your dad had a harder time having you give up a bottle than you did. He just wants you to stay his little baby forever. He is just so adorable with you and he loves you with more than he can express. He tells me every night how much he loves you. June as you grow up you will understand how sensitive you dad actually is when it comes to you. Remember that and give him that love in return. You are so excited every day when he comes home, and when you see him you reach so hard for him to pick you up. Yes, you do love me, but you just adore your dad. There is something about him that makes you so giddy and just non stop laughs when he's around. Oh how much he loves you. He would do anything for you. Oh June, I love your dad with my whole heart, but over the past year, knowing that he is your father has made me love him all that much more. We are his everything June and we owe him so much!
       Starting out on your second year of life, you are sleeping like a champ still, and even sleeping in longer. For the past little while you have been sleeping in until 8:30. It's weird getting up and getting things done before you even wake up in the morning.... It's kinda nice, not going to lie. Naps... Well they are a different story, your morning nap is great, but that afternoon nap has gotten the best of us, so I think we will be working on that over the next few weeks.
       You are getting braver with taking steps by just holding one of our hands. We aren't quite sure when you will be ready to walk, but it's progress and you are doing a mighty fine job. You are speedy fast with crawling, so I don't know when walking will take it's place. You walk along things all the time, but on your own is a different story.
     You love eating banana bread and eggs. Of course your favorite is still waffles. I'm pretty sure you would eat those for every meal if I would let you, but you are still young, trying to figure out your pallet, so we need to be a little adventures instead of just eating waffles.
      Range has become your best little chase around buddy. The poor puppy just can't catch a break with you. You are now stealing his toys, dumping his dog food in his water dish, and pulling his tail whenever you get the chance. He takes it well and I think he likes the attention that he gets from you.
     You are becoming so independent and playful! You play by yourself and you can play on the playground with obviously some supervision. You love to climb. You climb all over the dishwasher (Your new favorite hangout spot) and you have mastered stairs... Climbing couches is still a little tough, but don't worry you will get there.
      Than there is what you have done to me over this past year.... I just love you. I'm really at a loss for words....
    You bring so much joy into my life, and you have made me a more patient person, a more caring person and you have made me want to be a better version of myself. You have made me feel closer to my Heavenly Father because, how can I not see that you are a great blessing from him. You really have made us a family June and I'm so grateful it's for eternity.
     I'm really not sure what else to say, or what I can say to express how much you mean to me. You and your dad are my world. You are what makes my life so exceptionally good, even with rainy days and bad moods, I still love you.

       You're my daughter.

                    With tears in my eyes and a very full heart, I love you.
                              Happy Birthday sweet heart.
                                       Love,
                                             your mom.

No comments: