Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spook-tacular Weekend

Ok, Ok Cheesy post title, but really, it was a really fun Pre-Halloween weekend!
     We had our ward Halloween Festival which then led to a Trunk or Treat! It was a really fun night! We decided that for this Halloween we would be a family of zombies! No. We never planned on dressing June as a flower, or a bug, even a princess. We planned for her to be a Zombie from the beginning! I think we had the most fun getting ready for the night! rolling around in dirt, smearing blood on our one year old, and putting make up all over ourselves. 

        So... our Family. Dan the working zombie, Me, Stay at home mom zombie, and June, the best baby zombie EVER! 

I literally have the coolest family ever! I mean how can I be any more in love with these two?



We were in charge of the cake walk this year. It was a huge success! 


It really was a fun night to hang out with friends and eat lots of chili!

Saturday Morning we woke up to a freezing cold Front! In Texas this doesn't happen often, and when it does I LOVE IT!!! It's so nice being able to wear winter clothes, even if it is just for a day. 


 Saturday we spent the day running errands and playing around the house. Ju- Ju's is starting to get some curl in her hair!

I stood in line to vote! It was fast and I really am happy I did it, A: so I won't have to stand in line for 4 hours on election day, and B: I love feeling apart of the politics. Dan got me really into for this years election and It felt very American to vote! It was nice too since we were at the library, Ju Ju's and Dan just read books for about a half hour until I was done.

Later that afternoon, the Honsvick's came over to carve pumpkins! 



My favorite is June's little pumpkin! So we found these tiny little pumpkins and our plan was to buy just one for June, but oh my gosh they were so cute, so I made Dan buy me a whole bunch for our front porch. It may now look like we have 10 kids, but I just couldn't pass them up. 


It really was a great Pre-Halloween weekend! We are excited for actual Halloween and for more festivities to come!! 

No comments: