Friday, October 5, 2012

My simple Daily Pleasure's

This has been on my mind so much lately, that I just finally decided to write it down.

I truly love being a stay at home mom. I can honestly say that this is what my calling in life is. I never really had a huge career ambition, I just always wanted to be a mom. And no, not because I am lazy, or unintelligent. I just know what I wanted out of life. I am very respectful to women who do work and who are moms as well. Two of my sister's have career's and my mom does too. My whole life, both my parents worked, and well I feel like I grew up just great. But it's just not something I felt like I needed to have in my life. After the first year of trying and nothing.... and then the second year, still no baby, and then the third year came and still no progress, I became very frustrated and worried that, well, maybe children wasn't apart of this life's plan. It was such a hard time. Still to this day, it was the hardest trial I have been through.  It was hard emotionally and spiritually.
Now, I have an 11 month old, sound asleep in her crib, and a heart so full that it literally hurts sometimes. What a blessing she is to our lives. Dan and I now realize what we thought was such a horrible trial, was actually a magnificent blessing. If I had gotten pregnant when we originally planned, we would have moved to Texas with a brand new baby, Dan would have been in school, I would have still had to work, and well I think our marriage wouldn't be as strong as it is today. After 4 years of marriage and then having a child, made us really see each other and rely on each other before throwing a baby into the mix. When June joined our family, Dan had a career, we had insurance that led to no hospital bills, and a safety net for anything that were to come our way. Things fell into place exactly how they should. Heavenly Father knew, and even though I questioned and pushed, he knew that this would actually benefit our lives with just a little bit of patience.

Holy crap. I just went off on a rampage about the meaning of life.

My sole purpose of this post was basically to say that things have worked out very well. We KNOW that life has many curve balls ahead. Things that are going to be so hard, and horrible trials, but will lead to be magnificent blessings.

My life is simple. I am a stay at home mom, who is enjoying the daily pleasures of spending my time with my little girl.


 To name a few.

                              Eating lunch and watching her feed ranger and giggling over it

                             her quick little looks she gives me to make sure I'm still close by

                  Our many many trips to the park, with a playground she can now climb on by herself

 The help I get while emptying the dishwasher

Just these two together. No matter what they are doing

Her favorite thing of taking things in and out of baskets, bags, and boxes

 Not only the fact that she now climbs on the dishwasher, but that the top of the dishwasher is full of sippy's, bottles, cups and bowls for June

 The moments when I realize she's growing up way to fast

The innocent looks, when she KNOWS she's doing something wrong


 Her constant excitement of learning something new


 And simple discoveries 

When a 12month dress was bought for her before she was born, and now she wears it

And Ending the day with splashes in the bath and the smell of a clean baby

I'm just simply in love with life. 

3 comments:

Mary said...

This post made my soul happy. :)

Lauren Byers said...

This is such a sweet post Lesli. You are such a wonderful mom and June is the most adorable little thing ever.
I feel the same as you-- I feel SO happy and blessed to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't want anything different. I know that to the rest of the world our job seems boring but those people have no idea how fulfilling it is! :)

Marcy Cheney said...

What a sweet post:) Les, you are a great Mom and little June is lucky you get to be a stay at home Mommy to her. Love y'all lots