Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Texas Fair 2012

Ah the State Fair. You think your lame county fairs can compete? Think again! TEXAS RULES!
Ok no, but really I love the fair. To me, it's the set of fall, and festivities. This year was even better because I wasn't 9 months pregnant and I was actually able to enjoy my time this year. With June it made it even more fun! 

Being Dan's week off we went on a week day, which made it so much less crowded! We had so much fun eating and eating, playing games, watching shows, and watching the crazy people that come out when it's fair time.


This being June's first fair, we made sure to do everything we possibly could with an 11 month old

The Weather was great! We went on an overcast day, so it wasn't to hot! 


This guys name is Big Tex. Super creepy. He talks, and his head is obviously way to small for his body, but yet we love him. Hicks, we are just a bunch of southern hicks who love their big Tex. So dashing don't you think? 

She's perfect. I'm sorry June stole all the perfectness, but really. Perfect..... to me. 

She loved big tex. She was clapping and laughing every time he was speaking. 


So neither June nor I know how to smile normal. I feel like in this picture I'm saying "Take it. did you take it? 



                    Ahahahah! Comical. I totally made Dan do this. People were standing around laughing at the fact that June was bustin moves with a pretzel in her mouth and I kept telling Dan just hold her, no you put your head higher, to the left...right.... so on and so forth. 



a Marching band randomly came through the park. It made us all very excited


Best part of the day. We wanted to win June a stuffed animal since it was her first fair. We saw the monkey and since June is obsessed with her little monkey, we had to win it. Dan decided to play the spray gun game... ya know where you shoot it at the target and race other players....
Ok so The game is a full game! 8 players! 3 adults and 5 kids. I told dan, screw the other kids, you are playing for your daughter. YOU WIN THAT MONKEY!!! I'm a good sport. So they start. Oh man Dan hits his target right off the bat. BOOM! Then the race gets close. I'm yellin, people are staring, and Dan is in the zone. Ding Ding Ding, I thought dan lost, It was SUCH A CLOSE RACE!! 
The old announcer man yells #8 wins! OH SMACK! It'S DAN! 
He was so proud that he won, and he felt like such a good dad for winning June a toy at the fair. It was a pretty heart warming moment. Until June realized she had to share her stroller with it and threw it on the ground wanting her other monkey. But still heart warming. We really were excited. Clearly we don't get out much. 

It was a great day. We were all tired, and June was so beat that she slept for 14 hours that night. I love these moments with my family and knowing that, well. I'm a Texan. Later Y'all! 




3 comments:

Jessica W. Clark said...

O my gosh the story about the monkey is HILARIOUS! And I totally can relate as a parent too, anything for your child.And the picture of Dan is priceless. Also the Y'all in the end, love it! So Texan! We loved hanging out with you guys we need to do again soon, Dustin's schedule has been crazy but sometime we need have you guys over!

Jen Garde said...

Oh man, Lester--This was TOO funny!!! I love reading your blogs--it's part of my daily routine! Now if we can only get miss Megan to get with it on her blog!!! I need some Sam pictures!!

Jen Garde said...

Lester! Just saw on MSNBC that "Big Tex", the 60 year old icon of Texas went up in flames! Good thing u got your picture when you did! I saw the news and instantly thought of you, lol.