Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Called To Serve


What magnificent people I have in my life to call Mom and Dad. 

My parent's have been called to serve in the Colorado, Denver North Mission For the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 
They report to the MTC on June 21st 2014 and then will be leaving for Colorado on July 1st for 3 years. 

I really can't say how excited I am for my parents to be leading the Missionaries in Colorado. I am so grateful that they are my parents. It will be very sad and hard to not be able to go home for 3 years to the only place I grew up, but I am very much looking forward to going and visiting them in Colorado. It is a beautiful place. 

My Parents have always been strong and faithful in our Church, and I VERY much look up to them as an example of how I want my life, my family, and my marriage to be. They have taught me everything I know about living in righteousness and learning how to follow the Lord in all my times of need. Those missionaries are beyond lucky to have these two as their leaders and to have their guidance. I am so grateful that they are so willing to serve, to give up a whole lot more than people think to do the Lords work. Much sacrifice, but many more blessings. I am excited to read all about their missionary life, and to send letters and packages to them for the next three years. 

So proud to be President and Sister Mendenhall's Daughter! 
Love you mom and dad!! 

No comments: