Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Growing up

It really has just been this past month or so that June seems to really be growing into a little girl and more out of the baby/toddler stage. I have been noticing her different mannerisms towards things and  realize that she is making decisions, by thinking about it. By really deciding what SHE wants to make not just impulse moves that she used to do. Choosing lunch each day can become pretty comical. I have now learned to limit her choice making, or else we would be having fruit loops, gold fish and milk for every meal. 

She is becoming so much more creative with playing and not just moving from toy to toy. She will actually sit and play Tea Party with you... like really play, clinking the glasses, pouring the "Hot Chocolate" making sure everyone has cream and sugar and especially who is invited! Yes, the guest list changes on a regular basis. Thankfully Mommy and Daddy and baby "Owet" (She has a hard time pronouncing the letter N, so it comes out Owet) are always invited. 

Tea Party is a regular thing at our house. We invite Nanas and Papas, Reese (My little niece who she really took an interest in at Christmas time) and then some members of the "Fab 5". More on the Fab 5 later. 


She gets how things works, and can now find her own solutions to solving problems. Like Just the other day there was a toy in Owen's crib that she wanted, I sat and watched her as she tried different strategies to get the toy out. She hadn't asked for help yet so I just let her be.  She reached in through the bars with one hand, slid it up, and then with the other hand grabs it. Yes it may have taken her a minute but she is problem solving, and thinking things through!


June is becoming so independent with the care for herself. She knows how to turn on the sink, get soap on her hands and wash and dry them after going potty. She loves putting clips in her hair by herself and is actually pretty good and brushing and flossing her teeth. 


She interacts with her dolls the same way she sees me and daddy interact with Owen. What ever action we do with Owen, one doll needs to be doing the same thing. Its' mostly Sally, buts sometimes she switches it up a bit. If Owen is being fed, so is a baby, anything. Diaper changes, being swaddled, tummy time, if Owen does it, so does a doll. I love it! 


 She is getting brave with exploring and loves especially exploring with daddy. If you can't tell they are both "roaring" Like lions stuck in a cage. I was the zoo keeper and they were roaring at me to let them out of the cage.

She is such a cuddle bug and loves watching movies with me and Dan. She is really good about watching the whole thing and not getting to restless. Especially when your this comfy. Everything is better wrapped up in your daddy's arms. 

She is absolutely aware when someone is not present, and she tells me she misses certain people.  I know she has to mean it because she doesn't say it for everyone. Mostly just a couple of her little friends, her cousin Reese, daddy and Nana and Papa after face time. 

We are slowly but surely losing June's nap time. It's a very sad thing for me, but I can' force her to sleep. If we have a pretty active morning than she usually gets tired enough to lay in her bed for a couple hours, but if that doesn't happen we still have "Quiet Time" where she has to play in her room for a couple hours also. She mostly stays in her bed and plays with her dolls and animals or reads books, but every now and then I check the monitor and she will be coloring or sitting on her reading rug. Hey, whatever it takes to keep her quite and let Owen sleep and Mommy get some things done. 


Her new thing is she comes out from her room, (Her door is the only door knob she can turn to get out with, it's really easy to turn) when she knows she should be sleeping or having quiet time and she goes "tip toe, tip toe, tip toe." Then if you catch her she goes "OH NO!" and runs back into her room. I know it shouldn't be funny but oh man it's my favorite when she does that. Or when she comes out at night and peaks around the corner just to see what we are doing, then goes back to bed without a word said. 

We now leave our door open so she can come into our room if she needs to. Once I shut it and she came that morning and knocked on the door saying "Mommy I'm awake, mommy I'm back, I'm back" I was laughing pretty hard to myself as I couldn't go get her because I was feeding Owen, so she just waited and talked to me through the door. 

She now says complete sentences and I love that she can communicate what she wants. I realized how grateful I am for that since Owen being born and him only having cries to communicate. 

Well I didn't mean for this post to be super long, but I just wanted to make sure and write down all the growing up June is doing and try to write down as much as possible. She really is my sweet little girl with a few sassy moments. I love her more than words can say. I wish I could tell her to stop growing, but then I think of all the awesome things I would already miss seeing if that happened. It's such a bitter sweet thing, but thankfully more sweet than anything! 

No comments: