Friday, January 24, 2014

Owen at 3 months


Dear Owen, OD, Otis, or Owit,
    My sweet boy you are 3 months old today. Already! How time can feel like its flying by is beyond me! Owen, I love you from the bottom of my heart. I just can't get over how big you are for a 3 month old. I hope this doesn't give you some kind of image complex when you are reading this years from now! I like that your such a big boy! You will be a good big protective brother for June! 
 So here is where you are at for a 3 month old....
You are growing, growing and growing. You have hit a few growth spurts where you are wanting to do nothing but eat or sleep! Which most babies do at 3 months old, but there are days where I feel you are constantly attached to me. You my son, LOVE to be held and always be in someones presence. You don't like to be left alone in a room for too long. A good thing, and well... a little bit of a bad thing. I am starting to get pretty good at emptying the dishwasher one handed while holding you. My arms aren't in much need of a workout either from holding you so often. If you aren't being held you love to be in your bouncer. You hate the swing, so the bouncer or on the floor is where you spend most of your days. You love kicking to the point where your socks will not stay on! I'm trying to give you as much attention as possible, but blame your older sister from always pulling me away from you, or not giving us the one on one time you deserve. I am really trying to soak in the night feeding before you go to bed each night. June is already in bed and its just you and me. I try to not get distracted by my ipad or phone. It's our little bonding time that is so rare these days! 
     You are a great little eater. You are slowly, very slowly, starting to take a bottle if it's your last option, but you do take one! If it's not from the bottle it's obviously from me, and you are eating about every 3 to 4 hours, and at night you go about 5. You have put yourself on a pretty good little schedule and I am so thankful for that. It's made getting back to normal life a lot easier knowing what your needs are! I am sure that routine is about to change, but I am thankful none the less. 
     You are still sleeping in mom and dads room and taking naps in your crib. We are slowly starting to adjust you to your own room, but where you are still getting up more than once a night I prefer to keep you in our room. At least until you are down to just waking up once a night. You wake up about 6am but then go back for another hour, then its officially wake up time! 
     I don't know if we made you this way, but you love music. You very much enjoy having noise around you. I have learned that you are calmed by hushed lullabies and nature sounds. It doesn't bother me any, because I find them soothing too. 
    You are super smiley and have a distinct dimple on your right cheek. You giggle quite a bit now and you are very ticklish under your chin. You smile so big when anyone comes into a room, but mommy and daddy get a smile and giggles when we come get you. It's my favorite right now. 
     June can't get enough of you. She always wants to help you in anyway you can and she is always sad when she sees you cry. She loves to give you kisses on the cheek and head and she is always trying to share her toys with you. I hope you two really do become best friends. Even if its to gang up on me, I totally get it! 

She wanted to help take pictures of you today

Owen, you are just my sweet little Momma's boy. You really do love having me around, and as exhausting as it is sometimes, I think I would be very sad if you preferred to be left alone or wanting to be held by someone else. I hope this closeness stays forever.

I love you my sweet baby boy and I am so grateful that you are in our family. It seems weird to think that you haven't been here all along. You just fit!

Love you my sweets!

         Love, Mom






No comments: