Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year and no Resolutions

It's the 7th. I'm a little late on this post, but I wanted to write down what my plans are for the new year. I'm going to make this post short and simple because there really is no need to go on and on about the year that I have only been in for 7 days. So, for 2014 I have made a decision to set REALISTIC goals for myself instead of CRAZY resolutions. I have made resolutions in the past and fail. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's an awful feeling and I am tired of putting myself through that. My sister, Michelle, wrote it perfectly on her blog,that she doesn't do New Years resolutions because she feels they set you up for failure, and she hates failure. Like many of us, if not all. I am one of those people, Therefore no specific resolutions.

Here is what I plan to do for 2014: I decided this year I am going to be nicer to myself. I am a pretty hard critic on myself, more than anyone knows, and I feel that's when my anxiety attacks kick in the most. I will try to let the small things go, to turn to the Lord a lot more, and try to breath a little bit easier about life and all it's imperfections, especially including mine.

Our family  does have some goals that we would like to accomplish, but no pressure, and look forward to working on them together.

I very much loved 2013 and all it's goodness that it brought, but it's always a good fresh feeling to be starting over and bettering ourselves just a little bit more.


 So here is to 2014!!

No comments: