Sunday, May 25, 2014

7 Month Update


Dear Owen, baby Owit, OD, Chub Chubs, chunk, Otis, 
     7 months! 7! So I will tell you my baby boy, that I am madly in love with you and falling more and more so, every single day. Your personality is really starting to come out and gosh I just cannot get enough of you. That smile of yours always melts my heart and makes me so happy no matter how bad of a day I'm having.  My boy, you are growing and growing and growing. I am having a hard time keeping you dressed because you seem to out grow things so quickly! You are wearing more 9 month clothes now and I can make some 6 month clothing fit, depending on what it is. You are still in size 3 diapers and those seem to fit you just fine. 
    You are my little hunk of a chunk. You can eat so much, but you really have to be ready for it. You don't like to be rushed, or tried to be fed when you aren't ready. It's really on your time. You are starting to take more bottles now, just because I'm having a hard time keeping up with you. Your growth spurts are happening more than I can keep up with! Solid food eating has progressively gotten better. Much better! You eat about a half of a container of baby food a day. So far we are just doing one feeding a day, but will probably start bumping that up too. You are eating, peas, carrots, squash, prunes, peaches, and bananas which are your absolute favorite. You eat the most of bananas than any other food that  we have given you. Also you started drinking water from a sippy cup. It's more of a chew toy right now for you, but soon you will grasp the concept. You love to suck on ice. I'm not sure what it is about it, but you love it! You hate sucking on pacifiers though... I tried again when you were super cranky, but you wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. I have officially given up with that! One less habit to break! 
     You have discovered toys and how much joy they can bring! When one gets out of reach or possibly taken away from you, you get very upset. You are reaching and stretching as much as you possible to get to toys just out of reach and it drives you crazy. You poor thing! Soon you will learn to crawl and a whole new world will be introduced. Your favorite toy is still the creep baby doll, and I don't have any plans on getting rid of it. Though any toy makes you happy in the end. 
     June's hair is a popular grabbing toy. She doesn't find it amusing, but you love it. Owen, just know that she loves you and she loves to sing to you and make sure that you are always ok. I am really loving watching you two interact. 
     Sleeping is also progressively getting better. It's been a difficult couple of months just due to the fact that so much has been going on, that it's been hard keeping you on a schedule, but I do my best and the days we are home, I try to keep you on track. You are taking about an hour long morning nap around 9:30-10, Then you go back down around 12:30-1. Your afternoon nap is the longest, until about 3-4. Then depending on the day, you take a little power nap around 5:30 and then down to bed at 7. We try to be sticklers on the 7pm bed time. 
     If you don't have a proper day of naps than nighttime is a little harder for you. You are still waking up about once a night around 3 and then back down until 7 or 8. So really not too bad. I know it's just a habit that I really need to break, but with all the craziness I find it easier for you to call the shots, and really, you are putting yourself to sleep, so you are doing just fine. 
     You are fully sitting up and I am confident in leaving you with toys all propped up. You fall over occasionally, but I just sit you back up and you are happy again. So much has changed within the last month, that I really am enjoying this time. I love this age that you are in. You are such a good little boy, with occasional cries and really just wanting to be held. You LOVE to be held.  It' s ok though, because I love to hold you! 
      I can't help but tell you again OD, how much I love you. It's just deep down in my heart, that sometimes brings me to tears how incredibly lucky I am to be your mother.  I love you with everything I have. It's hard not to love you with that contagious smile! You are going to make the girls go crazy with those dimples one day!!
        I love you son!
               Love, mom


No comments: