Friday, May 30, 2014

Her Retirement

My Mom. She is the most amazing woman that I personally know. She has taught me hard work, dedication, and to make life an adventure. And yes, even through the scary parts. She is one of a kind and I try to be like her everyday. 
Today my mom retired from a career that started as just a little office job with an OBGYN in Rexburg and has turned that little job into a career that she built all on her own. For 31 years she dedicated herself to working hard and making life so full. It all started in a little doctors office with Dr. Gary Lovell. She did it all and still continued to amaze the people that she worked with still to this day. That small doctors office has now grown into something so big from where it began. A lot of that credit goes to my mom. 
It is so heart warming to hear all those who went out and celebrated with my mom for all of her accomplishments. I truly wish I could have been there. Sadly I have no pictures, but I do have some of my mom just showing how awesome of a lady she really is. How could I not try and be like her?!? 
I don't know any different than my mom working. She did it all. She built a career and raised 5 pretty awesome kids.. If I do say so.. Being the youngest by many years I was able to hang out with my mom at her office a lot. I was able to help file, pop into her office in-between college class, have life altering chats and have her do my ultrasound when I was pregnant with June, after trying to have a baby for 3 years. 
I can't even express how many peoples lives my mom made an impact on in that office. She has been an open ear to many, she was a crying shoulder, an excited face and really a mother to those who didn't have theirs with them at such an exciting and scary time of their life. I know that she will be greatly missed at Seasons Medical, That truly has been there from what felt like day one. I am so incredibly proud of my mom. For working by choice, not because she had too, but because she loved it. I just have the best mom.


The word "dull" does not run in my mom's vocabulary. She has such an independent nature about her that I admire so much. She has climbed more mountains, biked 100's and 100's of miles, finished marathon after marathon, played in more tennis matches and rides motorcycles across the Country. Nothing slows her down, and I am assuming the mission won't either.


I know that big changes are ahead for my mom.. for both my parents, but it wouldn't be a life adventure if everything stayed how it is. How boring would that be?!? 
She will be incredible in Colorado and doing what she did for so many, but now it will just be for the missionaries. What an incredible, amazing, beautiful, intelligent mother I have. She is one of the greats. To me, the greatest of all! 
Love you mom and I am so proud of you!! 

No comments: