Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. I always have. It's an amazing day to celebrate all types of Mother's. I love the recognition that Mother's get and that it makes people really stop and think of all that their Mother or an influential Woman has done in their life. I really love Mother's day. 

On a selfish note... I also love Mother's Day because it is the ONE day a year that I really get to myself. Yes, I have a birthday, but with it being so close to Christmas I still have to worry about getting gifts, making dinners, and of course really focusing on Christ's birthday. So Mother's day is my one day where I don't have to worry about anything and it's fantastic! 

Let me say too that Dan actually does a lot with the kids and takes care of them... Not just on Mother's day. He tells me he appreciates me all the time and he really does make me feel important as I play my role as a mother. But He does do extra special things for me on this day, Which I love. 

Owen decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning and wanted to play. Dan let me sleep and he took Owen. Then there is a slight whimper coming from June's room and then the yell for mommy. Daddy came to the rescue, and the dreaded words that we hate to hear came out of June's mouth... "I went potty, I'm wet" She had a little potty accident. Dan took care of it all. I slept in until 8! 8!!! Do you know how long it's been since I have slept in that long?!?! It was a good Mother's Day right then and there. 

We had breakfast and then June kept asking when we were giving mommy her surprise. (Dan and June went out yesterday to get mommy a surprise) 
She couldn't wait....

I was told to close my eyes and out comes Dan and June... 

June Yells... "1,2,3 Surprise! "Happy Mother's Day!!!!" 
 OH MY!!!! I was so shocked and surprised!! It was a basket all dedicated to all the things I love! I even got a new laundry basket which I desperately needed, since my other one was completely falling apart! I was so excited....

There were flowers and lot's of different kinds of my favorite candy and snacks, plus a new plastic mug for this summer! Dan knows I am obsessed with those and again really needed a new one! 

Added to the new favorites list! Plus when could a last name represent something so delicious!

I was VERY VERY spoiled this year! More than I feel I deserve, but also I LOVED IT ALL!!! 
I was so excited about all my goodies and laundry basket that I didn't even notice the gift bag in the back, until Dan brought it to my attention....
He surprised me with a new BOSE soundbox! Is that what they are called??! hahaha It's blue tooth and plays right off of my iPad or phone.. I can take it anywhere because it's wireless and it is heaven! It is amazing! I can't wait to use it by the pool and just have it all around my house. I love having music in all the time! 

 We then spotted a bunny in our backyard. It was super cute, but I also realized it was eating all my flowers!!! June was loving him though so I just let him keep on munching away! We then all snuck out back and followed it around for a while. A super trusting bunny, we got pretty close to the little guy! 

So here is my sappiness that of course I have to say:

I LOVE being a mother. I LOVE IT! I feel it comes naturally... No not everyday, and yes I have hard times, but overall I know I was meant to be a mom. I really do know that deep down in my soul this is my purpose. I am so beyond blessed to have the most amazing, loving, smart and beautiful children that I could have ever imagined. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending me these blessings. I love the challenges, I love the toys scattered all over my house, I love our make believe adventures, the late night rocking's, the feeding at 4 in the morning.... and now I am crying.... my heart is so full. I love hearing "I love you mommy", the random hugs between my legs, and sad tears that only I can make go away. These children made me a mother. They make my life have meaning and purpose. and they bring out the worst and best in me. Sometimes all in one day. I have never felt such an intense love than I do from these babes. They are children of God and he has blessed me in an abundant amount to trust them in my care. How did I get so lucky?

I love my children. I love that they make me a mother, and there is no greater role. 

A very good Mother's Day ended with lot's of kisses, a snuggle with Owen and singing songs with June. 


Now I get to do two shout outs! It's Mother's day AND my Dad's Birthday!! Here is to them!
My Parents: What in the world did I do in heaven that God let me come down to you!? Is that how it works?!? Not sure... But how ever it happened I am so glad it did. I got the best. 
You are the most incredible parents. 
Mom: You taught me how to be a mom. The basics. The 101. How to love. How to show tenderness, and to be nice and not say bad words.. Remember when you got mad at me for saying butt?! I think I was like 5, but for some reason I won't ever forget that conversation! You picked me up off the floor when ever I had my teenage meltdowns or when a boy broke my heart. Thank you for teaching me how to be independent, how to know think for myself and to never give up. You love me and now as I am a mother, I am finally getting it. You are incredible mom and I love you. 
Dad: It's your birthday! You are one year older and one year more awesome! Dad you are the greatest! No matter what, I could rely on you for anything. You taught me how to stand up for myself. To be myself. To take life just serious enough to not get into trouble, but to try and make everyday an adventure. You showed me how to be a good person. How to learn from my mistakes without beating myself down to hard. You loved me even when I wasn't the greatest child... Remember that awesome night where you drove around Rexburg in the middle of the night trying to find me because I didn't come home at curfew?! Oh dad... I'm sorry! hahaha glad we can laugh about it now.. Can we?!? 
It's always good to know dad that you have my back, no matter how old you get. You are amazing Dad! I love you. 


So much celebration today... It's just been one of those days where I have had a grin on my face all day and have been on a happy high. It's pretty awesome,

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! 

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Les!! You deserve an amazing day like that! You're an amazing, amazing mom! Owen and June are so lucky. I love you and the mother you are.