Wednesday, May 21, 2014

His Retirement

My dad is one of the good ones. One of the really good ones. One of the best. To me, he is the best. 

Today was my dad's retirement party in Boise. He has worked for the USDA... or we just say The Government. In fact all growing up, and still to this day, us kids think he works for the C.I.A and used the USDA as a cover... 

Though he has not yet officially retired, they threw him a party in his honor. Him and my mom are making their retirement plans a little earlier than most people do because of my dads calling our church... Mission President in the Denver North Colorado Mission. 

He started with the USDA when he moved to Driggs, Idaho in 1979 with my mom and a baby. Now 36 years later, he has worked himself from the bottom to the top, he has made a name for himself, and not only in Idaho, but all over the United States. With an amazing wife and 5 kids standing by his side. I wish I could go through all of his accomplishments, and recognitions, but I just don't think it would do him justice. So I will simply just say, he's pretty good at what he does... or did.  His Retirement party was actually held in Boise today. He had an office in Boise and spent a lot of time there. Growing up, he would take us kids, sometimes drop us off at my Grandma and Grandpa's house, or he would bring us with him and we would have the best times. Boise was a big part of my childhood. I remember a lot of my dads career, his offices, and how he would always just chuckle every time we said he worked for the C.I.A. Still hasn't declined it... Just saying. 
I know that he will be greatly missed. He's such a dedicated person, he's funny, and just a classy guy. I am so beyond proud of him. 





These two are just my favorite. They are still so madly in love, and have supported each other through thick and thin. A lot of it I know I haven't seen, but growing up and watching them... It's exactly how I want my marriage to be. 


Dad, I really am so proud of you. I love you!!
Happy Retirement!!


1 comment:

Abbie said...

Congratulations Uncle Brent. Les please give your mom and dad a big hug for me!!
Love your blog!!!