Monday, August 11, 2014

My little favorite moments

A good day. A really good day. Yes, crazy little things happened like another day of June refusing to wear clothes and the battle it takes to get clothes on her!  Blog post about that later!


And Owen discovering the fun of Ranger's food and water bowls... Especially after I had just finished mopping the floors. Literally five minutes later. 

But that's life with children. That's what makes being a mother such an adventure. How boring parenthood would be if everyday was perfect with perfect behaved children. Its what I signed up for and I'm still in love with that choice I made of becoming a mother.

Today:

June has really REALLY taken a liking to the pool the last few weeks. After an incident that took place earlier this summer, blog post on that later too, she has been very reluctant to play in the pool. Something changed recently and we have been in the pool morning until bed time. 
Today was no exception. We swam this morning, had lunch outside, swam during Owen's naps, and swam until daddy came home. 
One of my most favorite days is when we swim swim swim and when Dan gets home we just keep on swimming. June gets so excited to swim with daddy! We throw some chicken on the grill, we even grilled pineapple tonight, and we just play and eat outside until the sun goes down. 
It really is my favorite summer days. 
Just wanted to remember today and how summery it was and how light hearted and loved I felt, even with it not being a "perfect" day. It still was wonderful! 

Happy Summer! 

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

I love grilled pineapple. Good call!
Wished we lived closer to hang out on summer days!