Sunday, August 24, 2014

Owen! 10 Months


Dear OD, Otis, Fat baby, Chub Chubs, Hunk of a chunk, baby Owit, oh and Owen,
     10 months old. You are growing to fast and I would wish it to stop, but I know what is ahead in life and I am so excited for the next stages with you! You are becoming SO MUCH FUN! It's fun to watch you and June play together and you starting to hold your own. The other day you full on tackled her to the ground. She wasn't too thrilled about the whole situation, but I couldn't help but chuckle and realize how many fights I'm sure I will have to intervene on. Excited! 
     You are everywhere and wanting to explore everything! But nothing beats climbing all over me all day. I sit on the floor, and you instantly drop whatever you're doing and come crawling up on me. My necklace seems to be your main focus. My hair is usually your pulling up device. You just love being all over me. You haven't slowed down a bit. In fact you are an active little thing. You love to look around, and it can get difficult to hold you at times... it's ok, we are learning to work together on that. 
    Buddy you are doing fantastic at being a baby. You are being totally awesome and plus keeping me on my toes. I'm telling you I've stayed more active with you just keeping you away from things you find, that I haven't got a clue where they even came from. You zoom in on the smallest of small objects. Crazy little man. 

You love to look and play with mirrors. They keep you entertained forever. You laugh at yourself all the time, which makes me laugh. You have such a little contagious smile. It kills me. I worry that in the future you will get away with a lot with that smile of yours. The dimples just add the extra sweetness. The girls are gonna love you. 
     You are a great little sleeper, minus the going to sleep part. It still takes you a minute or two to stop crying, but then you are out for the rest of the night, waking up about 6. Thank you. It feels so good to get a full nights sleep again. You are drinking a little less milk now and eating more solids which is fun. I'm looking forward to the no more bottles. It will be nice to just have you on a regular meal plan with the rest of us. But I know deep down a little part of me will miss those moments we had of rocking and drinking you milk.  You have taken a liking to pretty much everything. Obviously some food you prefer more than others, but you haven't fought us on anything, so let's try and keep that up. 
      I do think you are starting to give up your afternoon nap and I won't be sad to see it go. In fact I'm really looking forward to you going down to one nap. It just makes the schedule much more easier when it's one nap during the middle of the day... we will see though. Obviously you sleep when you feel the need. 
     OD, you are just becoming my little man. You are slowly starting to lose the baby chub and we are starting to see the features of your face and what you can look like. You are your daddy for sure with that bleach blonde hair, but don't worry, you have your mom in you too. 
    At 10 months you are still wearing size 3 diapers, but the next round of purchase we will probably go up to a size 4. You are also wearing 12 month clothes and as of right now have grown out of all your pajamas. Good thing it's summer and you sleep in onsies. Don't worry bud, we are getting you more. I can't believe you will be a year old in just a couple of months. I love you son. You are such a sweetheart, and such a happy little man. Hardly anything gets you down. I just can't express enough how grateful I am that your my son. I love you so so much little guy! 

Happy 10 months!