Thursday, January 1, 2015

Farewell 2014

Just wanted to write a quick goodbye to 2014.

I really liked 2014. A lot. There was a lot of good in 2014. There was bad too, like our air conditioning going out, or Owen having the flu... that was sad. But really it has been just a simple happy year for us Lancaster's. I want to remember 2014 as a happy year, where nothing huge changed, just ourselves living life and enjoying the day to day. I'm sad to see it go. I like simple, and to me 2014 represented that in our life. There will be a lot of big changes that happen within the next couple of years for us. Life changing. We talk about our Future plans and when we talk about them we realize that those future plans aren't too far off. I think thats why I really liked 2014. It was steady, dare I say... easy, just all around rooted and we just laughed a lot this year. I felt we became closer to our Heavenly Father, and it just all felt good. Not that it has to change, and through the year I didn't even realize how simple it was, but looking back, good and the bad days all made for a year I could look back on and be satisfied with.

 I don't know what is in store. It worries me a bit, but I'm a worrier, it's what I do. I look forward to trying to become a better person, strive to be a better mother, a better wife, a better friend, better at serving, a better member of the Church, and just a better me. Dan and I didn't set any new resolutions this year. When we talked about what we wanted 2015 to be, I looked at him and told him I'm pretty content at just striving to do better at what we are already doing. So our goal is just to do and be better. Nothing set in stone, no certain number of days, or doing something a specific amount of time,  just do better.

So farewell 2014 and Hello 2015... Bring it on!

No comments: