Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Dentist

June and Owen had their dentist appointments this past week... I promise to not blog every dentist appointment, haha but this was OD's FIRST dentist appointment, so therefore it must be documented. Both kiddos had their appointments scheduled for the same time. I was a bit hesitant to be in a different room while June was in another room by herself... Ok I was A LOT hesitant. I told my dentist that I didn't know if June would like to be in there a lone while I was in with Owen, but Dr.Steele is the bomb.com and she told me to just give it a try and then if it doesn't work than we can just do one kid at at time. 
So I went across the hall and of course June did AWESOME!! She did so great listening to the dental assistant, sat through her whole cleaning without getting up once, and cooperated way more than I even do at the dentist! I was so proud of her. I know I was just right across the hall, but she didn't know that and she was so brave. Nice work little lady! 

June now has all of her baby teeth and no cavities. She is really good at brushing her teeth by herself and brushes with fluoride toothpaste and is super awesome (and messy) at spitting. She likes to floss and lick the floss. But who wouldn't, it's bubblegum flavor. Haha. 
I snapped this picture real quick before they came to get me for OD's appointment. She got "rock star" glasses while they were cleaning her teeth. 

Owen also did fantastic for his first dentist experience. I kinda thought he would fight Dr. Steele brushing his teeth, but he loved it! He opened his mouth and just let her brush away. His gums are really swollen and I think the toothbrush felt good on them. He has 4 teeth on top and 3 on the bottom with another one about to pop. His teeth spacing are so far so good. 

This was us sitting in the dentist chair waiting for Dr. Steele. 

The kids got little goodie bags with new tooth brushes and toothpastes, plus some fun little trinkets... June has been obsessed with the little bag that it came in. She was a little sad when I took the toothbrush and toothpaste out. So we filled it with other little things. We have carried this little bag everywhere with us. She fell asleep after running around all day and she had a tight grip on it in the car. 

I'm glad my kiddos are liking the dentist. We will see as the years go on, when I'm sure they will need  Braces or the first time a cavity needs to be filled, but for now I get to enjoy the excitement and happiness of the dentist. 

No comments: