Monday, January 5, 2015

Sunbeam!

June Bug is a Sunbeam! It is so crazy that my little girl is now in primary! 

We have been talking about becoming a Sunbeam for a while, and our Nursery has done a pretty good job at helping them learn about Primary and not being in Nursery any more. It's a big step for such little ones, so I was a little worried of how June would respond to a big change. 
She has been singing non-stop "Jesus wants Me for a Sunbeam!" She's really good at singing it and knows all the words. And of course the jumping up and down part is the best. 

I couldn't wait to take her after Sacrament on Sunday! Dan and I walked her to the primary room and helped her find a little chair with her class. Since there are so many little ones, they split the classes into 2. June is in the Sunbeam "B" class.  Her teachers are Sister Romney and Sister Smith. 

When we first dropped her off, she asked if we were going to stay, and we told her that we had to go to our classes and couldn't stay... She got a little sad but we told her, that her other little friends were there and her teachers too. We reminded her of all the things she gets to do in primary, that we had talked about.  She told us she was ok and so we left her. 

Ok, you can totally make fun of me, I get it, I'm a little over the top, but I just had such a hard time leaving her. My heart hurt just a little knowing she was growing up too fast. I tried to be so brave and not cry... Dan could totally see I was fighting back tears and told me it was ok to cry, so I did. I don't think I left the primary room, until I started getting weird looks. Ha. 
She is just my little everything, and these moments are just too precious. It was hard to leave. 

My friend, who is in primary, saw me struggling, so later on she sent me this text! 

It made me so happy! I had to get up and leave Sunday School, so I could go and peak at her through the window. 

After 3rd hour we picked her up and she was sooooooo excited about Primary. She said "I love primary! Primary, Primary, Primary!!" She was all smiles and happy to be in primary. She kept telling us how she's such a big girl now that she's in primary! It was a huge sigh of relief to know we wouldn't be fighting that battle. She did great and she seemed to have really loved it! 
 

She was so excited about all of her fun things she got from her class. She got this "I am a child of God" Plaque that was on marble to put in their rooms. She wanted to do it all by herself. She is pretty proud of it. 

I am so excited for the first time she sings in sacrament, the first time she gives a talk or says the prayer and just all the little firsts that come with being in primary. I love this little lady to the moon and back. She makes my heart sing! I'm so glad she's my little sunbeam! 



2 comments:

Jacqueline Clark said...

Oh I love this! I love that you capture these moments through your blog. How fun for June when she gets older to be able to read this and maybe show her children when they go into primary too. I love reading your blog and keeping up on you cute family!

Unknown said...

Awww I got teary eyed just reading this. It made me think of Jaden's first time in Primary too. All the little firsts in there are the BEST!!