Sunday, April 5, 2015

Bluebonnets 2015

Another year of pictures in the bluebonnets, a Texas tradition, and this year was beautiful! We have had so much rain and snow that everything has been blooming very fully! When we got to our usual bluebonnet spot I was so excited to see how many there were and how full the field was! 

This years bluebonnet pictures were pretty comical, I'll be honest. It was a bit windy and I don't think the kiddos were too thrilled to be hiking in the tall grass. 
Owen was much more cooperative than June was! He was pretty good about sitting down and taking pictures. 


June-bug had a bit of a harder time. Let me first tell you that she is TERRIFIED of ants. Rightfully so. Texas Ants are mean and bite. They have venom when they bite and make you swell and itch. It's awful, plus June seems to swell even larger than normal. Once you step in an ant hill, they are all over you. So with that said, the poor girl is terrified of sitting in grasses and playing where ants might be. She finally agreed to sit on a sweater that I was wearing, but no part of her could touch the actual ground. Everywhere she stepped she would ask if there were ants. I checked, and checked and checked, plus constantly re-assured her that there were no ants. 



By the end, the kids were DONE! hahaha I had to post this, because it was just so funny. I mean the look on their faces! Haha poor babes of mine. June was being such a sweetheart to Owen. She kept giving him hugs and trying to "hush" him by singing and making monkey noises. She is such a fantastic older sister. Owen wasn't too thrilled about her attempt to make him feel better... haha 

The Bluebonnet 




I love taking these pictures every year, I love that it's the same spot as when June was a baby! Every year I hold my breath hoping that nothing has destroyed the area, and I'm always so relieved when we pull up and see the field full of bluebonnets. It's so pretty! Love my Texas Babes!

No comments: