Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Randoms of the past few weeks


Getting caught up on the blog has been a bit of a challenge lately! I feel like there is so much to blog about, and then posting all the pregnancy posts has just made me further behind, but this little randoms blog post should catch me up to now! 

These are just a few things we have been doing since we have been back and getting a more steady, back to normal life, kind of stuff. 


Not a crazy whole lot has happened, just our day to day, livin' the good life. 

We have been taking advantage of our local museum and all its fun things. We like it when daddy gets to come with us! 




June makes her own bed every morning. Honestly, she's pretty awful at it. But one day she made her bed so good!! It was all pretty straight, her pillows made it on the bed properly and all her little stuffed animals. I was so proud of her. I think it took her a solid 30 minutes to do it on her own, but when she came and got me, she was so proud of herself and asked me to take a picture of her on the bed. She's the coolest. 


Snuggles with daddy 

Owen loves the front yard. So we spend a good deal of our mornings out front, before the blistering sun takes over. 

He LOVES planes! And it's pretty exciting stuff every time a plane goes over our house. He always raises his hands in the air and shouts "PANE" (plane, obviously)  

Range has not been liking this heat and has become a lot more sleepy during the day. He was cuddled up so tight against the couch one day, that I had to go and lay by him. I mean who wouldn't want to cuddle with that little ball of fur. 


I love this soft little picture of June. It just is so innocent in her face, and it melts my heart to the core. 


We swim a lot. We have been in the pool most days just trying to stay cool. But even now it's getting too high into the 100's that the pool is just not cutting it. Thankfully it seems to be tapering off and we can get back to being outside a little bit more often. And when I mean tapering off, I mean like 95. 

It wouldn't be a Costco run unless you get a hot dog!

Thankfully our sandbox stays shaded 90% of the day. So the kids can stay out there as long as they want! 

June sleeping anywhere other than her bed, and at night is rare, so I love capturing it. I think I have this exact same photo a bunch of times, but no matter what, I will always keep on taking pictures of her sleeping in our bed. (Until she is older, and it gets creepy) 

Owen has my heart wrapped around his little finger. He is just killing me with the sweetness. Oh, don't get me wrong, he also plays the evil side, really really well. But I will take it, if it means I get the sweet heart too! 
We were taking pictures after bath because he was sitting there waving to himself and he thought it was so funny! 

We probably did this for 10 minutes. He was laughing so hard I couldn't stop him! 

Doing puzzles one morning before starting our day 

When I was taking pictures for our baby announcement, I promised the kids we would play at the park after we were done. Even though it was beyond hot. They didn't seem to mind. 

It's been a while since we have played at the park, simply because it's just too hot. They were loving it, though they both had sweat dripping down their faces by the end of the morning. This was at around 10am. 



Later that day, Dan got some fantastic news at work, so we decided to make him a little celebration treat. We made mini chocolate cream pies. One of his favorites! June was super excited as well! 


Range just chilling on the chair while we played in the play room one day. He is such a good puppy and puts up with the kiddos chasing him, and attempting to play fetch with him. He does love how many treats he gets from them though!

We got a fun finger painting kit one month in our Citrus Lane box, and the kids have been loving it! It has lately been our go to activity for board busting. 


The kids were out back playing one day and they were both so sweaty. I made them come in and take a break with some cartoons and popsicles just to cool off. 

June came down with a little bug. It wasn't too bad, but enough that she was super cuddly and even napped a couple times. 


It had been a long while, with all of our travels, that we have had a proper date night. So it was fun to finally get out. We went and hit at the batting cages. Dan was way better than I was. My first go around I was terrified, so I hardly hit any, but Dan was hitting them like a pro. It was really fun to do. We then had dinner, and shopped Lowes for paint and carpet. I know that sounds lame, but without kids, it was amazing! We could actually look! 

I snapped this picture, because this little boys dad was in the batting cage and Dan and him were just chatting away. Dan has such a good soul! It was pretty cute. This boy was pretty excited that this random dude was listening to him talk about his baseball team. Haha 

So there it is! I am all caught up! Woot woot! We are doing good, keeping low key, and enjoying the simplicity of our days. It's good my friends, maybe not all the time, and maybe there are days where I feel pulling out my hair would be better than keeping up with it all, but in general terms, in the long run of things... It really is all good. 


No comments: