Monday, August 3, 2015

Telling my Family


7.11-7.15.2015

I was really excited to tell my family in person. I have always had to announce it some other way, but telling them in person was much more fun! 

 I had made this shirt and planned on just wearing it, until someone caught on. It was great!

My parents were the first ones I saw on our road trip, So I wore the shirt that night, but I had a sweater over it, waiting until kids were down and it was a little more calm. I was excited! My mom and I were actually just having a random conversation about children, and I couldn't hold it in any longer, unzipped my jacket and said "READ!" Her face was the best! 
My dad heard the commotion came in, and we had a little mini celebration. I know its my third child, but I was so happy and felt very loved with how excited they were about it. Some people react differently to the third pregnancy announcement, but its still special and I really am so happy with how excited they were. 

Then I got to my sister's house. I wore the blasted T-shirt every night. I simply just wore it and waited until someone read it. My sister Megan found out first. 
Then when we were sitting in the hotel room, my sister, Michelle, looked at my shirt and said "Does your shirt say Viet Nam?!" Hahahahahaha! Once I straightened it out a little better, Brooke and Michelle read it and got all excited, and hugs all around. It was exactly how I planned it. I seriously just felt so happy! 
We still give Mich a hard time for thinking it said "Viet Nam"! To be fair, she was sitting at a weird angle from me, but still. Too funny. 

Lastly I had to tell Mikey and Shay. My sisters were not having the patience to wait, so they kept making little jokes and references to my shirt. It took two nights and I was so relieved! I was so done wearing that yellow shirt. It was starting to get really dirty and gross. 

It was definitely the funnest announcement I had with my family. I am so glad I got to tell them in person and how much love they showed me. It also means my mom might get a small little break from mission life to come help with the kids in January! That would be amazing!! We have a while to figure out all those details! 

No comments: