Friday, July 31, 2015

First Ultrasound

(AH! Sorry a bit out of order!)

6.16.2015

Today was baby Lancaster #3's first ultrasound/doctor appointment.
I was a nervous wreck from the moment I woke up, which I had just woken up from a dream about the dr.'s appointment and it was not a pleasant dream at all. So it woke me up in a jolt, relieved that it was just a dream, but it was one of those dreams that stuck with me. Didn't help the nerves.

Though I have done this 3 times now, it's still so nerve racking. I took a pregnancy test... yes, again... just to make sure I still was pregnant. People, I know I'm weird and it's just time for you to accept that.

Our appointment was early this morning, and so I brought the kids and Dan drove separately so that he could go to work after the appointment.

When we got called back, my heart was in my throat. I was so nervous. I was so scared there wasn't going to be a heartbeat....

Then we heard the little thump thump thump. Instantly I felt a weight of my shoulders and I could breath. I know we are still in the scary zone, but it was so amazing to hear that heart beat. Obviously confirmed, I am for sure pregnant. Hahaha.  7 weeks & 6 Days. (8 Weeks technically)

I am still youngish and healthy, so I do have that going for me. It doesn't clear me of anything that could go wrong and I seem to always go to the worst scenario route, but for now my nerves have been calmed and we are having baby #3.


We decided to tell June and Owen that night once Dan got home from work. It was a pretty adorable conversation....

Dan explained what happened, and what June saw at the ultra sound today. She said she saw inside mommy's tummy. Then we told her that there was a baby in mommy's tummy and that she was going to have another sibling like Owen. This is what she said:

"Well that just makes me incredibly happy!" As she's clapping her hands. She then started asking a few questions about the baby, but then she got all excited and told us how she cannot wait to babysit and be a big, big sister!

Then she asked when she could have a baby in her belly. We told her once she's older and gets married then she can have a baby of her own. 
She asked who she was going to marry... We said we don't know yet, we haven't met him. She then asked if she could marry Owen. After explaining how she is already apart of Owen's family and we can't marry our brother, She told us that she doesn't want to marry any boys, only girls because then they can dance! She was so dead serious, that we were trying so hard not to laugh and that we would just have to worry about that once she gets older. It was pretty comical.

We think she gets it, and we are curious to see if she can keep the news to herself. We really try to not have "secrets" in our family, but we told her that since we all know within our family that we can all be in on this special secret. We will see!! 



No comments: