Saturday, July 4, 2015

Canada Day!

Happy America Day!! And what better way to celebrate than blogging about Canada Day?! Haha Just kidding...
No, but really I hope you are all having a wonderful Independence day, and for those who live in Canada that read my blog, well... I hope you are just having a regular good day. 

I didn't do anything crazy special this year, but we still celebrated Canada's independence, and I feel it important for our children to know both of their parents heritage! Also, it's a reason to celebrate and make it a special day. 

Ok, so really nothing too crazy happened. We had a regular morning with swim lessons, playing with friends, and running errands. After our morning and nap time was over, we played some more and then June and I practiced our play that we wanted to do for daddy. 

We decided to act out how Canada gained their Independence. It was comical to say the least. 
June was the Queen of England and she made Owen the Prince. Though I now realize there are no pictures of Owen at all this holiday... Don't be scarred for life son. 

We had made programs and everything to give to Dan when he walked into the door. 
As soon as he did, June grabbed his hand and the invitation and led him to the couch. Somehow we both ended up with mustaches on?!? Not really sure how that happened, but June loved it. Again, Owen was part of this, he has just been having a rough week, and crying a lot.... so his pictures are too pleasing. 
I am pretty sure our play was  nothing like how it happened, though I had researched it... but June wanted to do it her own way, and so we let her explain how Canada became a free Country. 

After our play, we all made homemade pizza's! 



We even attempted Canada's maple leaf. Dan's turned out pretty good! 

After dinner and baths, Owen had had it and we put him to bed. Then we came out and let off some little fire crackers and poppers for one last bit of celebration. 


It was a happy, small little celebration and I hope my little Canadian family knows how much I love them!! 



No comments: