Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October Randoms

Happy October Randoms!

Conference Weekend! I was gone all Saturday morning and it was great to finally come home and just be with my family for the rest of the weekend. Owen doing his massive train puzzle 

June and I drew some halloween pictures to hang on our windows. 

June got super into it and decided to set up a spooky room for us. She told us to act scared when we walked in with all her drawings. Haha she's kinda the best. 

One rare afternoon that we had at home and just played. It was so great!

I could stare at her whiles she sleeps all day long. And sometimes I do. No really. I get nothing done because I just go in and watch her. 

So Kate is not a snuggler. She just doesn't do it. Except for Dan. As soon as she gets into his arms she just cuddles right up into his neck. Already a daddy's girl. I'm totally jealous but ok with it all at the same time. 

My first attempt at pumpkin quesadillas. Hahaha it was a rough first go around, but I got better at them by the end of the month. 

June is killing it in the letter and word department. She is so intrigued with writing and learning new words. She's got brains and beauty! At school they had Texas week and so naturally she learned how to write and read Texas. She came up to me one day and showed this to me. I was so impressed!!  No help at all!

June with her two little besties. These girls do everything together. 

Kate just hanging out 

One day June was making a list. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was writing down all her favorite things. So glad Texas made the list. 

Sometimes we break rules and allow our kids to ride with their heads out of the sun roof. It's kind of awesome. And we are awesome parents for it. 

Owen and Kate were asleep one day so June and Daddy went for a walk. When they came home June  had a glove of raw peanuts. Our neighbors were growing peanuts and let June and Dan dig them out of the ground and bring some home. June was thrilled and it was pretty cool seeing what a peanut is like before it's cooked. We took the shells off and cooked them. They were so good. I pretty much ate all of them! Haha 

Kate is eating everything and anything you give her! She's feeding herself which is awesome and seriously is an endless pit!

One day we decorated pumpkins with friends. We used Trader Joe stickers. Hahaha it's kind of a long story and we had a great time laughing over the matter. The kids loved it though. 
June took the opportunity to make her pumpkin into a face. Then she told me that there wasn't eyebrows so she ripped the sticker in half to make them. She was pretty proud of herself!

It was such a beautiful day!

The kids ran around forever 


Owen rode the pony at school! Oh man guys, this picture gets me every time! I love him so so much!

We went with our friends to a library where they had  trick or treating and a puppet show. It was super cute. 

Afternoons spent at the park 






One night I went out with my friend to a "mom's night out". We had a great time, getting a light massage, chocolate and shopping. Plus just talking and laughing. It was a fun night!

June's pony picture 

Owen has learned how to pee standing up. It's so funny and I love/hate it. The mess in the bathroom kills me but he's so proud of himself! 

Lazy Sunday afternoon snuggles 

One night I came home from something and Dan had gotten the kids out of the bath. Only to produce the most perfect braided pony tail! It was excellent and needed to be documented! 



Again, I was gone one afternoon and I get these pictures from Dan. 





Out playing with one of Owen's birthday gifts 

I did a massive toy clean out since we have birthdays and Christmas. I came across June's first doll, Sally. I held it for a bit and just thought back to those little years. I planned to give Sally away like all the other little girl toys that I knew we most likely would just get Kate a newer version of. I just couldn't. Her first doll will be stored away with all of June's other little treasures. It was just one of those things I couldn't let go of. 

I love when notes like this come home in June's backpack. The girl loves to sing!

Owen playing with one of his birthday presents

The weather has been weirdly warm. I'm over it. I'm over wearing shorts that are getting too big for me now, but I refuse to go buy summer clothes for just a couple weeks, but it's still too hot for jeans. I sometimes feel like I'm walking around looking like a "mom". With my baggy bum shorts and stretched out shirts.  Know what I mean? Maybe? I'm just over the heat. Bla. 
So with that said, we are still running around outdoors in little clothing and blowing bubbles. 
And let's just all swoon over this picture perfect moment of June. 

Through small moments that we had this month, they were good. I truly love this little family of mine. 

No comments: