Sunday, November 16, 2014

7 years of Marriage

This blog post is extremely late. 2 weeks! It just got away from me and I shame myself a little bit for it. So before it gets swept under the rug and forgotten completely, here, I blog about our 7 year anniversary.
We opted out of our original plan to Arkansas due to the fact how Owen was so sick, and I was just too nervous to take him too far from home. So we planned an in Dallas 7 year anniversary. 
We went back and forth so much just whether we should even go out with poor Owen the way he was, but our awesome regular babysitter was up for letting us go and she took care of Owen and June. They know her well and I knew they were in good hands, so we headed out Friday to celebrate. Our anniversary was actually on a Monday, but we figured it would be easier to do something over the weekend. 

For our anniversary this year we went indoor skydiving. We had no idea what to expect but up for whatever was about to happen. It basically is where you get to feel what it's like to skydive without having to jump out of a plane. It was crazy fun! 
You go into a little room and they do a bit of training with you to get the proper stance for when you are up in the air. I got kinda nervous at this part. After the training we suited up and got ready to go into the air chamber. 

 Right before heading in. We were nervous. I was sooooo nervous and Dan took it like a man. There was another couple in there with us and we laughed at how nervous we were. It was comforting knowing we weren't the only adults feeling like such wimps.  

So we go take our seats in the air chamber and get ready to start flying. I went first and was out of my pants scared. You look down and all that is between you and your death is this little metal grate, that I thought was going  to fall if I touched it. 
You jump into the tunnel of air and instantly take off. There is an instructor in there with you so they help you keep your form, and help guide you for a better flying experience. It was the craziest feeling ever. You're just flying around in this chamber of air. I loved it! 
Dan went second and he did great. It was fun being able to sit and watch him fly! He ran into a wall or two a couple times, but managed to fly pretty high. He loved it too and is ready to do the real thing. 
We both got to do another flight and the second time was much more relaxed and felt more in control. It was such a fun thing to do and next time we have friends come visit we are totally doing it! It was a blast!!! 

Afterward we headed out and started looking at some things for the kids Christmas and went and had dinner. It was a great little escape even if it was just for a few hours.
We headed back home and we were so grateful to find out that Owen slept the entire time. That was the first time he had slept for that long without getting sick!
The whole night was fun, but of course any one on one time spent with my love is fun!


Monday on our actual anniversary, Dan brought me home a dozen red roses. We got the kiddo's down for the night and then we had a little celebration with our favorite Japanese restaurant take-out and a puzzle. 


I love this man with all my heart. 7 has always been our number. I don't even know why, but it just has. It's going to be a good one. I can feel it. My world is him and I love him all my energy, heart and mind. 

No comments: