Monday, November 10, 2014

Seven Years

Today Dan and I celebrate seven years of a happy marriage. Not perfect, but very happy. 
So in spirit of celebrating our anniversary I thought to share how it actually all began and what led to this happy little life of ours. 
Now, these are my words. Dan probably could add a few things in this story, but I will leave that up to him.
We go back to winter semester, 2007, at BYU-IDAHO. I was living at Tuscany Village and Dan lived at Delta-phi.
We met through my roommate Sarah who knew him from Canada. I walked into the door one day from school, and there he was, sitting on our couch. 
My roommates and his all went to dinner in Idaho Falls that night. Dan made us laugh the whole night. Then the friendship slowly started to take form. We went and had lunch up on campus together, super casual, and acted as just friends. Ok, I'll be honest, it bugged me a little bit how casual he was about it, but I'm not the type to lose my cool in front of a guy, so i just kept it chill as well. 
We kept in touch through text messages and just hanging out with our roommates. We even would have these random get together parties. 
This one was to watch Miss America together. 

Now Dan says this isn't true, but it totally was! I remember being so flirtatious with Dan and he seriously would not give me the time of day. I really wasn't used to that.. It made me fight for Dan all that much more! I remember asking him to help me with my Book of Mormon homework and this is what he said... "Maybe you should try and figure it out on your own." WHAT!? I was so annoyed. 
We continued to hangout...
 We all took a road trip down to Utah together. Dan went and visited his brother and wife, and us girls shopped and played in Utah. 


 Dan and I stayed pretty close to each other. I think Utah was what made us really start liking each other. 

Our official first date was a few days after Utah, on Valentines day. We went and ate at Applebee's then went back to his friends Condo's media room. We watched Chronicles of Narnia. 
He walked me up to the door and we had our first kiss. My Awesome and best friend in college (Christy) saw us through the peep hole at our apartment. hahahaha that was the best. 
We spent everyday together after that.

We literally spent all our time together!
It was such a fun summer! When we first starting dating we didn't know how long it would last since Dan thought he would be going home during the summer semester, but he found out that he was submitted for fast track which allowed him to stay all year on his student visa.

I was pretty confident I was going to marry him. After a date one night I bolted in to my apartment and yelled that I was going to marry that man. Some random dude that was in our apartment said "Well that's confident!" Low and behold it would be true!

At his apartment we were alone sitting on his couch and he told me he loved me. I yelled back "FINALLY YOU SAID IT. I LOVE YOU TOO!" We had been wanting to say it for a while. 




We had a six week break in-between summer and fall semesters. Dan went back to Canada and worked and I stayed in Rexburg and did the same. It was a long six weeks being apart. 





Dan came back to school in August and we continued on dating. 
In September Dan was ready to ask the question. 
His birthday was the 18th, I was making him a quilt and was trying to finish it before his birthday, so I told Dan I was going out shopping with my mom, but really I was staying home to tie his quilt. Someone kept calling my house, I would answer, and they would hang up. Over and over again. 
I later learned that it was Dan and his roommates trying to get ahold of my dad so that Dan could talk to him about his intentions to marry me. I would answer the phone though and so they would hang up. 
Dan was able to talk to my dad and on the 17th of September we were engaged!



We spent two months getting all wedding prep ready and then 7 years ago on this day, we were married for time and all eternity in the Idaho Falls temple. 

He is my everything. Literally no one get's me the way he does. It's a deep love. 7 years has never been more amazing, frustrating, and full of happiness and joy than I ever thought possible. I am so lucky he decided to give me the time of day and fall in love with me.
Happy 7 years babe. Many many more to come!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww I love that I could be part of your story!! Congrats and wishing you many more happy years together!!

Cisneros Family said...

I just love you two! I'm so happy you have each other! You're perfect together!