Thursday, September 3, 2015

Preschool 2015-2016

June started preschool (round two) this past week! She has been looking forward to going back to school all summer long and she would ask on a pretty regular basis of when she would return. So when we finally got to tell her that it would be this week, She was beyond enthusiastic!
June thrives at school. She has that kind of personality that doesn't shy away from things. She is little miss independent and I knew I didn't have to worry about her at all returning to school. I of course am always worried about her... always will. 

This year we have June enrolled in more of an actual preschool setting instead of at the Rec. Center that we had her in last year. She is going to Holy Covenant Methodist preschool. Now the funny thing is, is that a lot and I mean A LOT of LDS kids go here. Just in June's class alone there are five out of 10 kids who are LDS. 

She goes twice a week from 9am-2pm. Five whole hours. Honestly if Texas didn't have kindergarten all day, everyday, I probably wouldn't have put her in for so many hours. But from the scope of friends who have been down that lovely road of transitioning your child from all day at home to all day at school, they HIGHLY recommended getting a jump start on prepping June now. I secretly wish it was like Idaho or Utah where Kindergarten was only half days, or not every day... but Texas always goes bigger, so I guess that includes the amount of hours a child spends at school at six years old! WHAT!?  I just want to prepare June for that big step. I have no idea if it will help, but I'm giving it my all.  So for now she goes two days a week and next year on her last year of preschool, we might bump it up to three days a week. We will get there when we get there! 

The night before we were over at a family from our wards home, with the missionaries, having FHE. 
We got home late and I was tired and anxious to get the kids to bed, because I knew the first day of school would be a long one for June. We got her to bed, but she slept horribly. She woke up about four times calling for us. Having nightmares (Mostly our fault. We are in the middle of a chapter book that has fairies and goblins in it... She said she was dreaming about the goblins) and just waking up over random things. I was so worried she was going to be dead tired for school the next day. 

She wasn't. She was pumped up and ready to go. It was fun having a special breakfast for her. Getting her ready and picking out new clothes to wear. As a kid we weren't allowed to wear our new school clothes until school started. I tend to keep it that way through my children as well. Don't ask my why, I just like the fresh crispness of new clothes all prepped for school. I'm rambling. Back to the first day of school. Haha 

All of us were ready, lunch was packed, backpack prepped and so we stepped outside to, of course, take first day of school pictures! There are a lot of kind of the same picture, but I LOVED Ju-Ju's face in all of them, so I had  to post them all. 













Of course I threw a selfie in there. 

Her school is literally five minutes from our house! SO NICE! I may even attempt the walk to pick her up once it cools down a bit. 

Her name on her peg where she hangs her backpack and puts her lunch. 

And starting the day off with play dough. Then all of the sudden it was like "Oh my gosh, I have to leave..." I Just kept standing there watching her. Owen was playing with near by toys, and I just all of the sudden didn't want to leave her. I kept giving her kisses and telling her how much I loved her. She said "It's ok mom, you can go!" I definitely didn't want to leave her after that! She's just getting so big! 

Her little class. We know most of the kids in her class which is nice. Being able to know the moms and June having familiar faces around her helps! Her teacher's name is Mrs. Nowak. She is really nice and very chill. She seems like she will be a great teacher. We met with her at parent/teacher day and she seemed super awesome! 

When we finally walked out, I sat for a minute and shed just a couple of tears. For the record, I would have cried anyways, but I really am super emotional this pregnancy, Like I cry all the time. Over everything. More on that with pregnancy update. 

After getting the tears out of my system I realized my little man was in the back seat just playing away with his cars. He's a champ. 

We went and ran a few errands, which was super nice just loading in and out one kid, though really I did miss June. I walked over to her car seat multiple times to get her out. Am I that pathetic!? 

Owen and I played, I was able to get some cleaning done around the house and I just enjoyed spending some real one on one time with Owen. It was so nice and so needed. Poor second child, gets neglected from time to time. 

At one point I was tired of opening June's door to realize I didn't need to, so I ended up just putting Owen in her car seat. He was excited! Her toys seemed much more entertaining than his usual cars. 


Our afternoon schedule is kinked a little bit, since we usually have nap time about 1pm and school doesn't end until 2pm. I was a bit nervous about how Owen would handle that, but he managed just fine and has been mostly content with taking his nap a bit later in the day. I have to wake him up by 4-4:30 or he won't go to bed at his normal time, so it does shorten his nap by a solid hour and a half, but he's been ok with it.

When I picked up June from school, she was happily playing with other kids. Which is always a good sight to see. We then realized she had left her water bottle out on the playground, and with all the other commotion of gathering all our items, talking to other moms, and talking with the teacher, June had decided it was time to go and kept pulling me out the door. I finally followed her out, and thought to myself "I feel like something is missing" Why do I feel so light?!" OH MY GOSH I FORGOT OWEN! Hahaha it was all of two seconds, but I had left him in the class room just playing quietly with the toys. Oh man. Mother of the year, right here folks. 
We walked out to the playground to look for her water bottle, couldn't find it, so I just told her teacher to give it to us on Thursday if its found. (It was and has been safely returned to us.) 

Once we all got calmed down, we got home, I put Owen down and June and I sat at the table with a fresh batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies and cold milk. We talked all about her day. It was fun listening to her talk about her friends, what they did, what she liked, what she doesn't like, and everything in between. All in all I think she had a really good first day. 

We are excited for what is to come this school year. Big changes and my little girl continuing to grow. It's amazing and heart wrenching all at the same time. 

No comments: