Saturday, December 12, 2015

Aunt Linda

My aunt Linda Mendenhall passed away this morning from Breast Cancer. She had fought cancer years ago and was in remission for a long time and then it came back. The family had made the decision to take her off of treatment earlier this month and passed away peacefully at home surrounded by family and so much love. 

Over the past few years, I wasn't very close with my aunts or uncles really. We stayed in touch through social media and staying updated on lives from far away, but really that was all the connection I had. No matter though how little communication I had with my aunt over the past years, I still feel sad and loss. I still have very strong and vivid memories growing up with my Aunt Linda. Her gentle soul, her sweet spirit and always just feeling loved from her.

Cancer is awful and this is the third loved one we have lost on the Mendenhall side of the family. The other two being my amazing Grandma Mendenhall (Who June is named after) and My awesome Uncle Billy! 

My aunt will always be remembered not for being sick but for how she continued to live her life even during all the awfulness of Cancer. She was surrounded by family and friends who still saw her as the mom, the friend, the caring and generous person that she was. 

This is my cousin Kari (Linda's daughter) 
With this picture she said "Your heartbreaking cancer will not define you. Your courage and strength make you shine. Those who see you in your darkest hour know you fought for the ones you hold dear. Thank you." 
This does not define who my aunt was. I know that. I am grateful for the courage that has been shown through this special Mendenhall family. 

With that said. As this post will permanently be apart of our 2015 blog book, I want to make it known to those who are reading now, for when my children sit and read this and for myself when maybe struggles are coming my way... That I believe in Eternal Families. I have a strong testimony and faith that we WILL be reunited with our loved ones who have passed on before us. I know that through my Heavenly Father all things are possible and that death will be conquered one day. 
It still can be so incredibly hard. Life can suck. You can ask "Why me, why her,?" but I KNOW that God has a plan and it will all be clear some day. My faith continues to grow strong through the example of my Aunt Linda's life before her passing and the strength that my Uncle and cousins show through such a horrible time. 
I KNOW HE LIVES AND WE WILL ALL LIVE TOGETHER SOMEDAY! 



No comments: