Sunday, December 20, 2015

DMCO 2015 Christmas Performance

This past week was the Millennial Choirs & Orchestras Christmas performance. I love singing in this choir and especially at Christmas time. The directors always do such a good job at putting a spectacular performance together! 
This years theme was "Rejoice". Our songs were powerful, loud and different than any other Christmas concert I have performed in. The music was harder to learn, given that four songs were Spanish plus rhythmic clapping! It took a lot of practice in rehearsals and at home! 

We did two performances, Tuesday night and Thursday night! Both shows were sold out, so it was fun singing to such a full crowed. Tuesday, I had to be at the concert by 4pm. I dropped the kids off at a friends house and then spent the rest of my night hanging out either in basement or up on stage. 
 I took a selfie right before I left. I am so pregnant and I was a bit worried about being on my feet for so long without any breaks in-between. 34 week pregnant here.

While I was at my Tuesday performance, Dan picked the kids up, got dinner and then took June to gymnastics. Let me just say how incredible Dan has been. I can't even begin to explain how busy I have been the past two weeks, and how I have hardly been home. I mean last week he put the kids to bed every night by himself because I wasn't home. I had something every night. He would come home from work, and I was basically out the door the moment he walked in. Dinner, baths, and bed were all on him. It was a lot to juggle for both of us and I am so grateful for how supportive he was of me! 



Our Tuesday performance went well enough. Our first time on stage is always a little stiff. We have jitters, we work out kinks and things seem to just happen that we can't explain. That's why I'm glad we had two shows! 
After our last song, I was pretty beat. My feet and hands were so swollen! I couldn't get my wedding ring off for a while. I was sore from standing so long and hungry! Haha but I'm always hungry. 
I came home to a clean house, kids sound asleep in bed and little love notes all over the bathroom mirror.



 I loved how June actually wrote my name and not Mommy. Hahaha 

I sadly didn't get any pictures on Thursday. We had a babysitter that night, so Dan could come to the performance. It went much smoother and we all sang a lot better. I took some Tylenol in advance hoping it would help my body out a bit and it made a huge difference! Plus I remembered to not keep my hands down by my sides for two hours straight. That helped with the swelling a lot!  After the show Dan and I grabbed a late dinner of Taco Bueno, Drive Thru style and sat in my car and just chatted. It was perfect. 

It breaks my heart to know I won't be able to return next semester due to having the baby, which means I can't go on tour to D.C. this summer with them either. Baby obviously comes first. I am looking forward to starting back up again next year though and singing Christmas songs all over again. I truly love it! 


No comments: