Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dan Turns 33

Dan had a birthday! 
I love him. I love him. I love him. 
He is simply my everything and I'm so grateful for this man. 
With that said, here is what we did to celebrate this incredible human being's day of birth, 33 years ago. 

We did what Dan loves best. With bands and music. 
Our first night we went to see Modest Mouse at The South Ballroom. It was a fantastic show!  


The next night we geared up again to go see Ben Folds at The House of Blues. I loved the House of Blues. It is so full of Character! LOVED IT! And of course loved Ben Folds. The opening band to Ben Folds was also AMAZING! Tall Heights. They are now on repeat in the house in car. I also made Dan buy their record. Seriously, my new favorite band. 


The day of Dan's actual birthday didn't go quite as planned. He wasn't expecting anything but if you know me, you know I wasn't about to not do anything! Dan went to work and I made plans with our friend and Dan's co-worker to let me up to Dan's office and then I was going to take Dan to lunch. They are high security there and you can't just walk in. So I made all these plans and had a place for the kids to go too. Well Owen ended up being pretty sick, so I couldn't let him be babysat. I thought, Ok well we can still go get lunch and maybe just eat in the car and let Owen rest. I get all ready, kids ready and we head out to the car. IT'S LOCKED! My keys are locked in the car!!!  I went over to my neighbors house to see if they could help me break in, next thing I know I have all these helpers trying to break into my car. Time wasn't on our side and we sadly never got in. So I called Dan all sad and teary eyed, explained what happened and how the surprise was ruined. He laughed because he knows how devastated I get when things like this don't work out. Such an amazing man that he drove back to Roanoke and we had lunch here. He also brought my spare key to unlock the car. This is the second year in a row that I failed to surprise Dan at lunch. Last year he got in a car wreck so I had to change plans and that all failed. Maybe next year? 

Dan went back to work and we got ready for his arrival with birthday dinner and cake.
Dan showing June how to work the record player. 


We celebrated his birthday with just our little family. It ended up being a fun little evening. 


He truly is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I love him with my whole soul. 

Happy 33rd Birthday, My Love. 

No comments: