Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anyone Pinterested?

Pinterest.
Let's not pretend that you aren't all addicted to this website.
Let's not pretend that we all pin things that we will never eat, never make, or never can happen.
It's true, I am one of the guilty ones, but I realized something...
I may not do EVERYTHING I pin, but that's not the point. The point is that it's fun and if you get around to making a few things, tasting different foods and putting a smile on your face from the humor section than I think that pinterest has done it's Job.


Holy crap I just went off about pinterest. That was not the purpose of this post.

Here we go.
I decided that I am going to start doing things that I have pinned. Now that I am a stay at home mom, I seem to have quite a few minutes on my hands, so once a week I am going to make an effort to do something on pinterest, (or other craft websites I have bookmarked). It might be to just share a Joke that I have read, make something delicious, or actually take the time to create a craft from one of the hundreds of pins I have in my boards. So starting now.

I have made a few things already so I am going to share.


This is one of the first things I saw and made from pinterest. A bow holder. An old frame, some paint, ribbon, staple gun and little metal hooks. You have yourself a bow holder.

I made these a little while ago when I first saw the idea. I like the just plain ribbon ones, don't get me wrong, but I think that these textured ones are much more fun. Ribbon, some hooky things, and a sewing machine. Done. (If only June would take a pacifier a little more often...)

This week is little flower headbands. Not that I don't have a million already, but I feel a girl can never have to many accessories, and plus the majority of my friends who are pregnant are having girls, so they make great little gifts.
Felt flowers, ribbon, and some hot glue. Done.

Next week is going to be even better and maybe a little more challenging ha ha.

So really, I want to keep this going. I feel like such a domestic stay at home mom when I make things with a sewing machine, a hot glue gun or a kitchen aid.. So...Ya... making things.

Please Join me.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm so addicted to Pinterest! Seriously! I have done quite a few of the things I pinned but you are totally right about the fact that I probably wont get to the majority of them. Love your bow hanger thing, totally cute!