Saturday, January 14, 2012

Downgrade for an Upgrade

Ok, first of all I am typing this on Dan's iPad because I don't have my computer with me but I really feel like blogging, so it might have some errors and really weird sentences, but I will try my best to make it as normal as I can.
So we signed another lease for 6 months at a different complex today. Yep! We are moving again.
Right now we are in a townhouse which we like, but they are jacking up the price of our rent, and we don't like it THAT MUCH! We are moving into a cheaper place for six months which means a smaller place, but MORE SAVINGS! I think it's going to be a little tough going back to an apartment, but we know it will be all worth it in the long run. And it just sets us up better financially. It wouldn't be a problem if our plan was to not get a house for a while, but we are really trying to get into one by the end of summer and we want to make sure we have a good sized down payment, but also not completely draining our emergency savings. I mean if we did that, what would Suze Orman think? Plus we want to make sure we have funds for any necessary renovations. So we are taking it down a notch. It will be a good little change for a while and a story to tell the kids of a small sacrifice for a greater gain. Really, Truly inspirational.... ha ha. We are planning to start the house hunt in April with a realtor and hoping to find a nice little starter home by July or August. That's the goal anyways! We will see if we can make it. That gives us a month leeway to paint and do any renovations before we move in September. I'm really excited about it. I feel so grown up talking about purchasing a home, and I have already started the Magazine collection of home ideas. I get a little carried away when I get something in my head.
So here is a cheer to our move and to saving, saving, saving!

2 comments:

Jacqueline Clark said...

I'm so excited for you to own a home! Its the best feeling ever! Can't wait to see pictures when you find the perfect one.

Unknown said...

Buying a house is such an exciting time and it does for sure make you feel grown up! I wish we actually lived in our house :( So excited for you guys though and I wish you the best on the hunt for your first home!!