Sunday, January 1, 2012

Canada Christmas 2011 i

Oh Christmas.... Your blog posts are always so long but I must do it to save the memories.

I was super excited for Christmas this year because it was June's first Christmas. I have to admit that it took me a while to get into the Christmas season. I think a little swig of the baby blues hit me and knocked me out of my Christmas cheer, but once I started decorating the house and buying gifts for the family, my heart grew three sizes and I felt Christmas officially began.
It didn't help that our flying up to Canada was awful. (Read previous post) Once we got up to Canada the angry feelings went away and it was great to be with Dan's family. Another Confession... I do struggle not being with my family at Christmas. You think by now I would be used to it, but there is just something about being home for Christmas. I know it was Dan's turn to be home for Christmas so I try to make it as special as he does for me when we are at my house.
It was such a fun Christmas with June. We had so much fun shopping for her, getting her Christmas eve pajamas and spoiling her even though she had no clue at what was going on.

We were secretly wishing June's passport would have been small since it was for a baby but it was just a regular one. She got a stamp in her passport though. Her first one at 2 months old. I didn't leave the country until I was 14.
\
In Calgary they have a tradition that the firemen dress up as Santa and bring Candy Canes to the children on Christmas eve. I wanted a picture with June and Santa but everywhere I went they wanted to charge me like $25.00 so I was very happy to get one on Christmas eve.

We opened pajamas. Without planning it, Dan and I both got each other Dallas Maverick Pajamas. It was awesome. We did the Nativity with June being Jesus, I was Mary, and Dan was the Donkey. My little Neice Isis with Joseph.... She REALLY WANTED TO BE JOSEPH.

Now that I'm older I actually enjoyed church on Christmas. It was fun singing all the Christmas songs and really celebrating the saviors birth. Plus I was able to dress June up in her Christmas dress and glitter toed shoes. It was really fun!


Ranger got a family of Hogs for Christmas. They are his FAVORITE TOYS!

Dan and I were extra spoiled this year. It's much more fun not being poor college students anymore. Dan gave me a new SLR Cannon Camera and he got a new XBOX since his got the ring of death two years ago. June got a ton of clothes and toys from us, grams and gramps, and aunts and uncles. It was so fun!

The next day was boxing day. We got up and went shopping. We dared faced the crowds. June slept the entire time. She is amazing... Time for another one? ha ha

The next two days we spent with our friends. We went up to banff which is the most beautiful place! I can't believe how lucky we are that we get to go there in just a short drive when people fly millions of miles to go there.

Us Girls.

This is how Dan and I really are. We just pretend to be normal in photos.

I love my little family.

We went ice skating on a frozen pond. Dan and I are REally bad at ice skating.


The view.




It was such a fun holiday. I really love Christmas and the spirit and happiness you feel through out the season. If only our flight home would have gone smoothly, but it was an adventure and we are always up for an adventure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww Pez you look so happy and beautiful. I admit I am so jealous of how good you already look and your little one is only two months old haha it took me a year! Anyway I hope in 2012 maybe we can try to get together, so let me know when you might be in the burg and we could try to meet up! Love and miss you tons.

David and Vanessa said...

I agree spending time away from my "real" family is hard is Christmas. But it was so fun have you guys there. Seriously June is so adorable