Thursday, July 24, 2014

Owen at 9 Months


Dear Owen, Owit, Fat baby, chub chubs, baby Owen, Otis... 
   Oh my word baby boy I love you! I first off must say how incredible happy of a baby you are. No seriously, you are so chill and easy going. Yes you have your little crankiness but I would be cranky too on an empty stomach. You are so loveable and giggly and just make everyday a good one, even on the bad days. I can't believe you are already 9 months old. Time is going so quickly and you are growing right before my eyes. I just love you and your sweet spirit that you bring into our home. 
    You are moving and rolling all over the place. I can't take my eye away from you for a second because you get stuck under the furniture or you completely roll under our bed and go missing for a couple of minutes... that is until you start to cry and your sister comes to the rescue. You are crawling backwards but have yet to discover the front motion, but you tend to get around just fine. It now has come to the point where nothing small can be left on the floor, due to the fact that even though you are not officially crawling yet, you still tend to find a way to find the smallest toys that your sister has left  on the floor for you to devour. She is getting better at picking up her small toys so "baby Owen won't eat them". She is more concerned about the toy. 
     You are an eater my boy. You eat everything and anything you can get your hands on. So far you haven't really turned anything down that we feed you. You still love squash and have really taken to noodles and sucking on oranges. I feed you when you first wake up around 6:30-7am, you will eat breakfast and then have another small bottle around 9. Then lunch, another bottle at 1. snack in between, then I feed you and that usually holds you over until dinner and then bedtime bottle. So you are getting fed and you suck back everything! You are my fat baby. I hope I don't give you a complex, I just really like calling you that! 
    Sleep has become your friend. Though falling asleep is your enemy. Every time I lay you down you start to cry. Usually it's only for less than a minute, but still... The tears come. Then you fall fast asleep. You are on a great little schedule right now. You wake up around6:30-7am and then we play and you usually want to go back down at 10. Sorry to say but that is usually our out and about play time with friends and other activities, so your morning nap is usually spent in the carseat or in my arms. I do feel a tad guilty about that, but it's just how it has to be right now. Sorry love. Then we come home and have lunch. You usually go down for a nap around 1 or 2. depending and you sleep for a good 3 hours. Then it's play time, dinner, bath and to bed by 7. You are mostly sleeping through the night now. You do have some nights where you wake up, but mostly just to be comforted and put back to bed. I do have to say it is nice to be sleeping though the night again. Between you and your sister... well you both choose your moments to be awake in the middle of the night which led to your father and me to be up almost every two hours. Not sure what happened, but it sorted itself out and really not needing to be complained about. 
     You are wearing 9-12mo clothes and are still in size 3 diapers. You are tall. Very tall. You are almost sitting at the same height as your sister, and we can't wait to find out your weight at your next dr.'s appointment. I know I could just weigh you, but I like the build of suspense. 
    Summer has been your friend. You have loved chomping on the grass, and splashing at the spray parks and pool. You love to kick and splash. I'm glad it hasn't frightened you yet. 
     You are learning so much, and it is so fun to watch you learn and discover new things. It's been a fast 9 months. A very good 9 months. And no my son, I'm not sugar coating anything. You have been such a good baby. You make being your mother very easy. For that I am grateful... Though I would love you no matter what! 
     I love you with all my heart and more. You are just becoming the most amazing little thing and I seriously can't get enough of your laughter and happiness. 
           Love you son! 
                  Love mom


 P.S. June really wanted to be in the picture with you. 
"I want to be just like Owen, I love him, I am laying on my tummy too!" -June 

No comments: