Sunday, July 20, 2014

Random Photos & The Weekend


Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Ours was low key but actually really fun! More on that later... 

Just a few randoms from the week!
He is getting bigger and bigger and becoming all that much more fun. Owen is such a happy little man. People comment  all the time of how content and happy he is and it's so true. Obviously he has his exceptions with cranky days and cries when his tummy isn't full, but the majority of the time he is happy happy happy. 
Sorry about baby eating food picture, well no I'm not, because he is my child and it doesn't bother me, but I understand if they aren't your favorite, they aren't mine either.... It just usually looks like one big mess and kinda gross, and when it's not your own kid you don't find it as cute... but obviously to me he is the most adorable eater ever. Ha ha! You have to love a bias mother!!  and plus... look how adorable he is?!?! LOVE MY BOY!
He is eating so many solids now and slowly getting off the pureed foods. He still gets the majority of his meals from me or a bottle, but solids are becoming more and more apart of his diet! 

June loves to climb in any basket and the best part is, being so little, she fits in most baskets around our house 

OD is getting stronger and learning more skills everyday, like standing up and strengthening those legs of his

Also learning the different ways his legs can move and bend. I find him in very odd positions sometimes

He finds his time well spent crawling under our wall unit and chairs. 


June has made a very strong connection to her blankets lately, to the point where we bring them everywhere. It can be difficult because there is a lion, monkey and elephant blanket and she gets particular in which one she wants for the day... Have to stay on top of keeping them clean without her asking for one thats in the wash. Tricky business. 

We had a couple warm days this past week before it turned chilly in Texas in the middle of July. We played at the splash park with friends 



Many of you know, June no longer takes naps. I have found a way to keep her in her room for quiet time with special activities and toys that she ONLY gets during quiet time while Owen sleeps. She does pretty good with it. We played hard at the splash park and she fell asleep on the way home. She ended up taking a 3 hour nap. We paid for it that night, with her not wanting to sleep, but it was nice during the day. I have learned that it really is better for June to not take naps during the day. Her little body just doesn't seem to need that much sleep and has out grown her nap time. She tends to go to bed a lot better without the nap and sleeps much better at night. I think I can say she is officially done with her toddler naps.

This little butterfly was not scared of us at all. June was able to touch it and then it would fly away, but close enough that June could follow it. It was cute. 

I went to the temple one night just by myself. I love the Temple. It's such a special place and I get no better feeling anywhere else. I did miss Dan though... I think I might be too dependent on him... everything I do I just want him there. I don't mind. 

Our weather became all crazy this past week and we had days with rain and in the 60's. It was chili. I even had a sweater on one day.  So we spent the majority of the day inside and staying warm. 
We made cookies




Had lots of arts and crafts time. June loves to cut and glue. We cut out pictures of magazines and made a collage. The majority of her favorite pictures were of food. That's my girl. 

Owen finding Range's bed quite comfortable. He thought it was pretty funny being in there. 

Friday was such a low key but super fun day. When Dan got home from work, we decided to just spend the day with us and go out and play. We took June bowling for the first time. Well first time where she could roll the ball herself. Of course she LOVED it! We ended up just letting her bowl on all three of our names. 


Every time she knocked down some pins she would get so excited! She would jump up and down, clap her hands and yell "I did it, I knocked them down!!!" 

Watching daddy from a safe enough viewing spot



After we went into the arcade and let her play around on the machines for a while 
 We all got into it


We then went up to flower mound for pizza and to play at a really fun park. 


Saturday was the same cloudy outside day. It was nice to be able to play outside without dying of heat, but it's July and meant to be hot. I'm ready for it to spike back into the 90's. We ran some errands and had lunch then came home for quite time and watched a movie. Later that night we went over to a family in our wards house for dinner. After we came home, gave the kids a bath and then got them to bed. 

Dan and I got a new puzzle. 500 piece, and finished it last night. We might be addicted. 


It was about 11pm when we finished and we weren't quite tired yet, so we decided to watch an episode of our recent series that we are watching on Amazon. Some how it became 2am and we both realized we should probably go to bed since the munchkins would be up early the next morning. 

It's been a good week. Life is so good. And I'm so grateful for how good it is. 

No comments: