Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The everyday life

We are jetting off in a couple days, and since I have a spare minute during quiet time, I thought I would get these photos off my phone and onto the blog! 
It's been a quiet month or so... something we haven't been used to this year, but it's been a good slow. The summer days have been good to us, and we have the tans to prove it... except baby Owen though. Our pediatrician laughed at how dark June and I are, and how white Owen is. Lancaster Oreo! 

      
 That is a straw that he is holding, and it seriously kept him entertained for an hour. He just kept flicking it around... sometimes he would throw it and crawl to get it. It kept him busy and happy. What ever you want my baby boy. 

It's obvious that every kid loves popsicles, especially hot summer days. My Instagram account is full of  kids eating popsicle's... mine included! 
Breakfast for myself is usually a green smoothie... I have tried giving them to June but she doesn't like the texture of it, and I also put protein powder in mine after I workout, so I always worry about too much protein for her... anyways, I had extra one day, (with no powder in it) and put them in our popsicle trays. June loved it! It was a sneaky moment for a mother, but with a picky eater, you do what you gotta do! 
 Owen Inhaled his as well! 

We spend lots of days at the science Museum, doing crafts, looking at dinosaurs and playing around! It's been a good escape place for us when it's too hot to swim, or rainy that day.

We sent this picture to Dan, telling him how thankful we are for his hard work so that we could be out playing all the time! I really am so grateful that I get to be with my babes everyday, I really try to not take it for granted or complain too much, because I know a lot of women who are not able to be stay at home mom's, who wish they could. So a big thanks to daddy for all of his hard work and providing for us!!  We sure love daddy!! 

June fell asleep on our way home and took a good long nap. It was nice during the nap. I was able to get quite a bit done without the constant "MOM!" but....

We paid for it later. We have really learned that she doesn't need naps at all anymore. When she falls asleep during the day, she gets to hangout with us at night... Which isn't such a horrible thing, but Dan and I do like our nights to ourselves to hangout. It's not an every night thing, so again... no need to complain!


One night, we had a glow in the dark bath! It was pretty fun. Once we got Owen out, June and daddy had a pretty rocking dance party. 

June likes to come into our room in the morning, while Dan is getting ready for work and fall back asleep. Her and Ranger usually fall back asleep for a couple hours... letting me work out, and give Owen some one on one time with me! 

One item on our summer bucket list was to go visit the Mustang statues down where Dan works. We went and played in the water and ran around the square. 



Dan came down and played with us for a bit and then took us to lunch. 


It wouldn't be a day in the Lancaster house without puzzles! 

Speaking of puzzles, Dan and I have made quite an addiction for ourselves and we can't stop doing puzzles. We now spend our weekend nights, drinking Dr. Pepper and doing puzzles. In the last three weeks we have finished 5 puzzles... and no, it's probably not going to stop. 

My happy little guy, hanging out while we swim. I usually put him in the pack n' play for a while so I can play with June and then bring him in the water later. He has pretty fair skin so I don't want to expose him to too much sun!

June reading books to Sally. I love catching her reading or playing house with Sally. June is becoming such a little girl. It's not just toddler play anymore, she really has taken off with her imagination and actually plays! It's so fun to watch her!! 

There you have it. Nothing but ordinary adventures happening in the Lancaster life! We are excited for what's to come!! Happy Summer!! 

No comments: