Thursday, October 23, 2014

June's 3rd Birthday

I told myself that I would keep birthdays under control. Each year I try, I really do, but I just can't help doing all I can to make birthday's special. I just really think a birthday should be celebrated and not taken half hearted... no matter the age. Anything I can do to add a little more special-ness into the lives of the ones I love is well worth the time to me. 

It still blows me away that we have a 3 year old. Her birthday was such a fun day, and I loved making it extra fun for this little lady. 

I don't know how I started it, but every year I have gotten new birthday pajamas for June to wear the night before her birthday. She gets to pick them out. And now I have started with Owen. This year she picked out a Doc Mcstuffins nighty. She is really big into nighty's right now. 

Last night as a 2 year old... Though she acts like she's 5. 

We have been talking about her birthday for a long time. She woke up so excited that it was finally here. She kept telling us "It's finally October!" Haha (Video)


This year June had a Tinker Bell, "Fairy" themed birthday party. We invited all of her little friends over to be fairies and celebrate June's birthday. 
Dan and I stayed up late Sunday night getting everything ready and decorated. We had a good time.
Before her party we went and picked out balloons for the front yard and June's chair. June picked out the black balloon. She really is into the color black. 


Our activity, along with playing, was decorating "Fairy" houses. I had lots of paint, embellishments, and other fun things for the girls to decorate with. 

The girls each got their own fairy wand. 

Along with wings, and jewelry. 



This year, June's cupcakes were made my "Kristy G's Cupcakes" They were really good! 

The snacks were fruit and pretzels or "Twigs and Berries" 

Also dried fruit. "Chipmunk Chips" 

We also had Fairy Juice "strawberry boom juice" and water. 

The little girls all had a really fun time decorating their houses. They did so good with the paint. I was a little worried about that. haha I got them all little aprons to help, but they kept the paint on the bird houses without hardly any incidents. June did get paint on her birthday shirt... which didn't wash out. Sad. But worth the fun. 

Concentrating really hard

Then she got really into it. 


June's end result. I am so sad I didn't get a picture of all their little houses. I totally spaced it!



June's little party fairies 

We attempted to get the girls to turn around to show us their wings and June struck this pose. Put her hands on the wall and stuck her little bum out. She was being pretty funny. 

We all sang to her and she blew out her candles. Then the girls each got to take a fairy along with a cupcake. 

Then June got to open her gifts from her friends. 

And played

After the party was over we went and had lunch at Chick -Fil- La. Another tradition that randomly started at her one year birthday. 


The craziness slowed down a bit and Owen went down for a nap. So June and I made her birthday cake for later that night to celebrate with Daddy. 

Dan came home from work a little early and we started our birthday celebration. June got really excited when daddy came home. I think with all the sweets, and birthday fun she got so overwhelmed and threw up. a lot. We thought it was due to the fun... wrong. 

After getting cleaned up, and a bath she said she was feeling much better and still wanted to eat at a restaurant. The girl loves eating out. Just like her mom. We went to BJ's and she got little mini corndogs. 


We came home and got ready for cake 




Due to the earlier throwing up, She got a tiny tiny bite of cake... Glad for that!


It was presents time! We were sooooo excited to give her a kitchen this year. She LOVES playing with kitchens when we are at friends house, nursery, ikea... hahah anywhere. She loves it. 

Her expression when she got her kitchen. (Video) 

She had a lot of fun opening her gifts!

Fun gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Lancaster 

Owen got her a Doc Mcstuffins doctor kit

So after all the excitement slowed down, I was getting Owen ready for bed, when June completely lost it and threw up EVERYTHING again. Back into the bath and definitely time to calm down. Poor thing. 

She had a really really fun birthday and she was so sad when she had to go to bed, but I told her, she could play with all her toys first thing in the morning. But then...

She woke up completely miserable and throwing up. She had a stomach bug. 

We obviously didn't go to school and just rested and slept on the couch the majority of the day. Range would not leave her side. 
After a few more times throwing up, she finally seemed to be feeling better. She didn't really have much of an appetite but was willing to drink a lot. So that made me feel a little bit better and her as well. 


I came over to check on her after I put Owen down for a nap. She asked me so gently to hold her and scratch her back. I literally dropped everything I had planned for nap time and laid with her the entire time. 


It ended on a sad note, but I generally felt like she had a fantastic birthday. Thank goodness she wasn't sick for her actual birthday! Now we are just keeping fingers crossed that Owen doesn't catch it for his birthday.

Thanks to all who celebrated with us! Called, texted or left messages!! June sure feels the love!

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

Happy Birthday June!! We love you so much. You're the sweetest girl we know! You're birthday looked amazing!!