Sunday, December 21, 2014

6 Months in!

Today marks six months for my parents serving as Mission Presidents in Colorado. It has gone by very fast in some views, but in others it kinda felt like... wow another 21/2 more years!?! hahaha I can only imagine how they must feel. 

So just a brief view of them in their first six months. There are many more pictures, but I just took a few from their private blog that they keep up to date for us kids to put on my blog. 

They. are. so. so. so. busy. Just non stop. They said they could never have imagined just how busy their lives would become serving as Mission Presidents, and the things they have to deal with are more than I would have ever thought. It's amazing to watch and hear how they work and operate their mission. They have said that it is much like running a business. You just have to keep it flowing and everything up to date and scheduled. It has been so cool to learn how the inside operations of a mission work. I never knew so much went into it and all that has to be planned! 


Just in the last six months I have seen the changes in both my parents. They both are such spiritual giants, and so fantastic with the missionaries. Being able to be there first hand and watch them work was amazing. 

My mom sent us this picture one day, They were all dressed alike without any organization. She said the missionaries loved it. 


At the beginning of November they were able to go to a Conference for the Mission Presidents in Navoo. It looks so beautiful!

He's the coolest

Elder Perry, (A member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in our Church) was there directing over the conference. Such a sweet old man! 


Their home in Colorado is really nice. I am so so glad that I am able to still see them, and be somewhat apart of their lives. Though they are different, they really are in missionary mode. It was great meeting some of their missionaries, and seeing how much love they have for those who are serving. It has been a hard adjustment, but they are loving it, and  I think that they are finally feeling like their feet are on the ground and they seem to know what they are doing. These parents of mine are truly amazing and I'm so grateful for their example to so many people. It's been so fun talking to June and Owen about Nana and Papa serving in the church, and what great work they have already done. 
Here is to another 6 months +4 more hahaha 



No comments: