Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Tree

After Thanksgiving day it was time to get all ready for Christmas and that includes our annual trip to Lowes to pick up our Christmas tree. 

We let June really get involved with picking the tree this year. I can't even express how excited she is about all the festivities! I love it as well, so we make a pretty good team. 

We actually found our tree rather fast this year!

We got the tree into the house and we let it settle for a couple days. So while we patiently waited to decorate the tree (and when I say patiently I mean none at all... June asked us probably 100 times if it was time to decorate yet.) We got out all our Christmas decorations and got the house all festive!

I can't remember if I have written this or not, and I'm too lazy to go back and look, so if these are words I've shared before, please forgive me, but it means a lot to me. 
This little plastic Nativity was such a special gift at a time when Dan and I struggled to get pregnant. A dear friend gave it to me and she told me that one day I would have children playing with it. At the time I cried and told her I don't know when that will be, but I hoped more than anything she would be right. 
Now 6 years later as my son and daughter sit and play with it all the time... mostly fighting over little baby Jesus. Ha, I can't help but just let them fight over it and to hear June yell "mommy" to come solve the problem, because I love it so much. 
I think I will always get tears in my eyes every time I pull it out each year. It's such a special reminder of how much I have. It's something I will always cherish. It represents so much. 

On December 1st, our tree had settled and it was time to decorate. The smell of pine is amazing! LOVE IT! We let the kiddos get in their Christmas PJ's and help decorate the tree. 



I was there too... 

June got to hang the star on the tree

Our Christmas Tree Selfie..

Oh this Christmas season is gonna be a good one! 

No comments: