Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Birthday Party for June-Bug

Today is the little June bug's birthday and we have pretty much been celebrating all weekend long! Since her birthday is on a weekday and she had school, we had a little birthday party for her on Saturday. I kept it super low key this year and it made it super awesome! I felt like I wasn't running around like a mad women prepping so much for a birthday party. We held it at one of our favorite parks and invited only our closest little friends. It was fun and June loved it. 

The kids were playing hide n' seek while we waited for other little guests to arrive. Except no one was hiding only counting. They all gathered around this tree. It was pretty cute. 


June and Liam. We have known Liam his whole life and so glad that they remain little buddies! 

June and Claire another one of June's good little friends. 


All three of them wanted a picture together. This hug picture is so cute! 

I honestly had no plans on making it a "Themed" Birthday party. Sometimes the work just isn't worth it, but then I felt a little bad not putting in any effort for her birthday party and after she picked out her "My little Pony" Piñata I figured we would go with that as the theme. I still kept it simple though! And turns out "My little Pony" stuff is everywhere and June LOVES "My little Pony" So it worked out. 



Singing Happy Birthday! 



My little OD. He is such my little tag along! Love him!! 

The Piñata was the hit of the party. All the little kids could not wait to hit it! Everyone got a turn and then some!



Then to finish it off our friend Luke to one good whack at it and candy went everywhere! The kids rushed and filled their candy bags! 


 Dan had the camera 

The little birthday crew. We are missing a couple of kids, Owen is in tears and some of our little friends faces are showing. This was the best we got! hahaha kids don't gather well for pictures. 

My little family

The kids continued to play for a bit and then we headed home. We let Owen take a well deserved nap and June had some quiet time to rest from all the sugar excitement from that morning. 
Once Owen and June were well rested, Dan and I decided we couldn't wait any longer to give the kids one of their birthday gifts! Thats one fantastic thing about having close birthdays is we can combine big gifts!
We got them a little mini tramp for the backyard! 

The tramp has been a huge hit  and success!! June has not gotten off that thing all weekend long! It took Owen a bit to get used to, but now he loves it just as much. It has been great and it will be so nice have a physical activity that the kids can do while its too cold to swim! It's perfect and the kids love it! We are glad we gave it to them early! 

Playing cars while June jumped. Like I said, it took Owen a bit to get used the tramp so we put a blanket down and let him play. Our days have been perfect weather! 

The day was great! It was fun having the birthday party early so that now on her actual day there are no stresses! She had a wonderful birthday party and we are grateful for all our friends who came to celebrate her birthday!! 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Seriously just bawled my eyes out. I miss you guys so much! Happy birthday June.