Thursday, October 15, 2015

Conference and a Little it of Randomness

I just got back from Millennial Choir (The Choir I sing in), everyone is sound asleep, I've showered and had my nightly bowl of cereal. I need time to calm down from the day and I figured that with this peaceful quietness in my cozy little home, I would take the opportunity to blog. 

Last weekend (I know I'm behind) was General Conference weekend. In the LDS church, that is where we stay home from our usual church attendance and watch or listen at home, to our Prophet and other church leaders give us guidance and council. It's a wonderful weekend and one I look forward to every six months. 

We took a trip to the library

My best friend from basically the moment we were born. No, for reals though. Our mom's were best friends (and still are) and we seriously have known each other since birth. We grew up together, our families are very close, we graduated high school together and then life happened and we went our separate ways.  Well, She was in Dallas for a weekend conference for work, so I snuck her out one night and showed her the town. It was AMAZING catching up! Whenever we get together, we just pick right back up on life as if we have seen each other everyday. So grateful for lifelong friends like Whitney, that even though I haven't seen her in a few years now, we still remain just as close. 

Conference went actually pretty smooth, watching it with two little ones. We made them watch as much as we could get them to watch and then let them play with toys, quietly. It worked most of the time. We may not have not been able to hear every word, but thankfully I have been able to go back and listen to the talks I missed. 

Saturday morning we played outside, which led to breakfast outside. June was feeding Owen a Banana. It was pretty cute. 

June has taking a liking to cutting and gluing from magazines to paper. She loves being so independent during these projects. It keeps her entertained for a good while and is actually really good about controlling the glue and scissors on her own. 

Conference weekend usual marks the start of Fall. That's when we usual do our clean up of the pool, and the clean up of the front yard, including trimming and weeding flower beds. June really wanted to help, so she dragged all the cut off limbs. Then made little bird nests out of all the dead leaves and grass. 

The kids made "potions" with random things they found outside. 

And we played in the grass. 


My mom sent me this picture, telling me she wanted it to be a surprise but couldn't wait to show me what she got for baby girl! Hahaha I get that kind of thing from my mom as well. But look how cute all this girl stuff is! It's so strange to be looking at small little girl things again! It's just so so cute!!! 

Our little town of Carrollton has a great little main street sort of place. We went and walked around down there and went to one of our favorite little candy stores. It was just  letting the kids play down there. They had some fun little photo things set up. So we took a few. Though the kids loved it, you wouldn't be able to tell from the pictures! Haha 


June had Texas week at school. So we dressed up like a cowgirl one day. It was ADORABLE! I am loving June's school and all the fun things they are doing. More pictures to come of June riding a pony at the schools field trip to the petting zoo. I mean it's just too cute for words! 




So that's it! We have A LOT of fun coming up and we can't wait for it all to begin!! 

No comments: