Saturday, February 15, 2014

Opening Ceremonies

We love the Olympics over here at our house and it's even more fun having two Countries to cheer for.... Though at this point in the Olympic games America is struggling just a bit, and Canada isn't doing too hot either, but we have loved keeping tabs on these Winter Games. 

Friday, the 7th was the opening ceremonies for the Sochi, Russia Winter Olympics. They did a fantastic job, except for the mishap with one of the rings, but I feel all in all it was great and WAY better than the London opening ceremonies two years ago. June had no clue what was going on, but it was fun to keep her up just little bit later than usual to watch and eat our body weight in chocolate.


She was so intrigued with it all and would shout out all the different animals and colors that she saw! Totally worth keeping her up for it. 

We did take a break to take Sally potty... She really needed to go. 

Owen decided to wake up and join the Olympic party as well! 
I love these babes of mine. 


On a side note: So I look through all these random pictures of random things that we do, that are so simple, and probably make no difference to my children, but I love these moments. I have to document these small Friday nights to remember how simple and good life really is.  I told Dan just this morning that I truly feel that I am at a place in my life where I feel so content and happy right where I am at. I don't know what the future holds, but these are such good days (Knock on wood). Not all are great, but in the grand scheme of things, I am truly happy. I feel happy and I love where life is right now. It's hard for me to talk about the future.... Maybe not being in Texas anymore, or the thought of leaving my little house, because I like right now. I hope my future is as good as right now, and that's what makes me worried, but I just wanted to write down that as of this moment, life is good, even on days that feel like failures, or I didn't use to the fullest, life really is so good.

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

You're an amazing Mom!! One of the best I know!!