Monday, February 17, 2014

The V-Day Post

Our Valentine's day was a really good one this year!! We had fun as a family and Dan and I were even able to escape for a few hours. Here was our day. 

Well really it actually started Thursday night, when Dan and I were heading to bed, he turned to me and said "I really wish I didn't have to go into work tomorrow, if only I would have talked to Neil (Dan's boss) about not coming in that day, mmmm... bummer " I just looked at him as said, "ya, too bad." Then he said it again... "If only I had talked to Neil about taking tomorrow off!!!" This was more of a "Don't be an idiot Lesli, listen to the tone of my voice" at that point he couldn't hold the smile back and I was like "Really?!?" hahaha we get excited over small things like that, so don't judge us. 

Dan usually only works until about noon on Friday's anyway, but it was so nice to have him for the whole day. You would be surprised at how many days we don't actually get to spend together. Even our Saturday's are usually booked up with Church or work responsibilities, or sick kids, so it was beyond nice to actually have the entire day together .

Valentine's morning, June and Daddy went to a special Valentine's breakfast, just those two. Me and OD stayed home and straightened the house a bit before the day really began. 


Dan told me that she only liked pouring the syrup but said it was "Yucky syrup". She also wanted the strawberry pancakes so dan ordered the french toast, but I guess once June saw Dan's she grabbed his plate and switched with hers, Telling Dan they were going to switch plates. 

Then they came home and June surprised me with flowers. Her Favorite color is yellow, so naturally she brought me home yellow flowers. Dan said she picked them out completely on her own. I loved them and I it made it even better knowing that she really did pick them out herself. 



After a quick potty break and loading up OD, we headed downtown to the Perot Museum. Each time there gets better and better, simply because June is becoming interested in more and more things.


Owen did fantastic. He didn't make a peep the whole entire time. People were loving how they would walk up to him and he would flash them that adorable smile of his.



Is she not getting so big?!? It is so hard to watch her keep growing but yet it's one of the best things as a parent.




Owen loves looking at himself, so to keep him entertained I flip my camera around on my phone so he can see himself, he was making all sorts of faces, so I snapped a picture.




After basically dragging June out of the Museum we headed home for some "quiet time" which now means listening to June sing or talk to her self for 2 hours, but she stays happy and it lets me get some things done around the house.


We had a little Valentine for each of the kids, but I forgot to snap a picture, only because we were in a bit of a rush to get out the door to make our dinner reservation.

Dan picked up one of our favorite little babysitters, who June adores. As soon as she walked through the door June ran right up to her, grabbed her hand and took her to go play.  Mikalea is one of our regular babysitters, so we didn't have to explain to much for the kids since she already knew... It meant that Dan and I could make a quick escape and get to dinner.





Dan took me to III Forks. We don't really eat at super expensive restaurants very often, but when special occasions like Valentine's Day comes around, we like to experience finer food dining. We feel a little more classy. It's fun to get dressed up and feel like a young couple having a night on the town, instead of two exhausted young parents who don't get nights out all the time. The food was delicious and it was so nice just talking to the man I love about everything going on in life. It's amazing how much you can just keep talking, when you haven't had a real conversation all week because of the crazy kiddos and really just being exhausted.



It was such a wonderful day and I am love all my Valentines. I am one lucky lady to have so much love in my life!!!

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

I'm so glad you had a good Valentines! You looks so pretty!! Love you!