Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ya, still sick.

The saying "Sick of being sick" has been taken to a whole new level here at our house! I feel like we have been sick this whole month. Oh Wait! WE HAVE!!! I am so ready for warm weather, for there to be moister in the air and to have a healthy house again! I have gone through a bottle of bleach and countless containers of Clorox Wipes, but the sickness battle continues on. 

*NOTE: Most pics are of Ju Ju's sleeping. 

June, Owen and Myself all had colds at the same time. We were all slowly getting healthier, with just a lingering cough at night. I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.... Wednesday morning, we all woke up as happy as could be and I thought we finally beat this. We had friends over and played all morning long. June was feeling tired and was asking to go down for a nap... NOT COMMON, In fact we have given up naps pretty much all together, so when she wanted to lay down, I thought it was maybe because we played so much earlier that morning. 
She woke up from her nap, just as hot as can be. I took her temperature and it was at 101. Nothing crazy scary. Then her cough became more flemmy and her nose started to run. Here we go again. 

Well this time has been so much worse. That night she, along with Dan and I, probably got a couple hours of sleep. In the morning she said she was hungry and thirsty but wouldn't eat or drink. Not even fruit loops. She loves fruit loops and so I knew she was feeling really awful. 


I laid her down on the couch and she told me she was hot, hot, hot. I took her shirt off and put her on the leather hoping to help cool her off a bit. We watched a lot of Dora, read books, and Watched Tangled on repeat. (Sally never left her side) 

Her temp just kept getting higher and reached 102.9 degrees. I called her doctor and made an appointment to get in to see her. 
Dan met us at the Dr.'s office just to be told what we already knew. Keep Motrin and Tylenol rotating, with lots of fluids and rest. Well DUH! I was a little bugged they didn't give us any antibiotics, but I really do trust my ped. full heartedly, so we stuck to our schedule of Medication. 

That night was another rough night of sleep. Dan and I took turns laying by her and staying in her room until she fell asleep. Then in between that we fed OD and changed his bum. 
*Side Note: Owen has been amazing and just so calm and happy. I totally have felt like a mother who has neglected her baby because her other baby was sick! It's an awful feeling. 

The next day, Thursday, her fever was not going down. In face it was going up. In the morning it hit 103.8. I called her doc again, because that high of a temp is just too scary for a toddler to have. She told me to just keep liquids in her and keep her responsive when she was at the peak of her medicine. June was pretty lethargic so any activity at all was a good sign. 

She fell asleep and slept most of the morning. I was hoping she would wake up with a broken fever, but nope, it still was at 103.6. She than threw up. I called my Ped again. Same thing. 


Later that night she was feeling a bit better and asked for something to eat. We put her at the table to eat something and she fell asleep. We asked her several times if she wanted to go lay down on the couch, her bed or even mommy and daddy's bed, but no, she just wanted to lay in her chair. At that point I was a wreck, and so Dan asked a friend to come over and help give her a blessing. 


Its so frustrating because her fever will go down with the medicine but you can only give her Motrin every six hours. We alternated between Motrin and Tylenol for a solid 5 days in hoping that her temperature would lower on it's own. 



By Saturday afternoon we were all extremely tired. June wanted absolutely nothing but to be held and sleep in our arms. That is actually not that bad of thing. I love holding my baby when she is so incredibly sick and cuddly, but I now have another babe who needs some attention too. I know, I know, mother of two problems... 

So Dan and I each had our fair share of cuddles with the little sickie. 




Sunday came and her fever was still at 100+ without the Motrin, but by now I was so scared to continue giving her meds because of her poor little kidneys... Ah it was terrible. 

Dan went to his morning meetings and then came home while I went to Church. I had responsibilities that I couldn't get out of.


It was a very cold day on Sunday, so we started a fire and then watched the Super Bowl with just us three. We mostly slept. 


And switched off who would take care of which baby at the time. 

By the end of the night her fever was a constant 100.8 without Motrin or Tylenol. A VERY GOOD SIGN! 

Sunday night, June slept pretty good with just a few panic wake up moments, and a nasty cough that kept her begging for water. At that point I just stayed in her room most of the night just waiting her to need anything. 


Then there is this little guy....
He has been the best baby a mother could ask for this week. He has hardly made a peep and wouldn't cry too hard when I just needed a few extra minutes before I could feed him. He pretty much lived in his bouncer, swing or under his play mat on the floor. He is amazing. I simply just love him. 


It is now Tuesday. June's temperature is down to 99. We are breathing a little easier at our house now. I still am constantly checking her temperature, but we finally seem to be on the home stretch of this sickness. I am just praying that what ever it was, has left our house, and no one else gets it, because I honestly don't think I can go through that again. It was miserable. 

In the end I just want to say how blessed we are to have incredible people in our lives. We were overwhelmed with texts, messages, phone calls, and friends dropping off meals and treats. Also taking OD last minute when we had Dr. appointments and those sending lots of prayers and love our way. It really did help, and it did not go unnoticed or unappreciated! We are so grateful for the out pour of love! 

No comments: