Saturday, March 8, 2014

Friday Photo dump, but doing it on Saturday!

I like the whole idea of taking pictures from the week and doing a "Friday photo dump" except yesterday, Friday, was extremely busy and I had not one second to sit down and blog! It was an awesome extremely busy day, but anyways....

It makes so much sense to do this every week, so that way I can get the pictures off my phone and onto the blog. Will I do this every friday?! I HIGHLY doubt it. Fridays are usually pretty full of awesomeness since Dan gets home by noon, but I totally seeing thing happening at least on one of the days during the weekend. 

So here is this week: 

Owen taking it like a man that he has to play in a girls toy. Get used to it sonny boy! 

No, but really, he loves this thing. He mostly just stares at the little toys while June tries to make him do things. Occasionally he will hit one of the twisty ones and get all excited. 

June's room is anything but dark. She has been really scared of "Shadows" lately, and she tells us that with the night lights on the shadows can't get her. We are teaching her about how shadows work, and that they are funny and nice. Nothing to be scared of, but for now she likes all her night lights on and plus fall asleep with her door open "Just a tiny, bitty, crack in the door" with the hall light on. It makes me sad to see how scared she gets, but we are helping her work through it the best we can and know how. 

June is getting really big into dress up and getting all "prettied". 

June and her best little buds, Ezrah and Hennessey, (Just missing Claire and Emma, then the fearsome five would be together) I love that June asks to see her friends. That she tells me who's house she wants to go to, or who she wants to invite over. 

Little OD loves his hands in his mouth. It's his pacifier, and since we have officially given up on giving him a pacifier, it helps knowing something helps keep him calm when we lay him down to bed, especially through the whole sleep training phase which we are in at this moment! 

He falls asleep with his hands in his mouth all the time...

We are so ready for summer, and so sick of it being cold! She would not take off these goggles all afternoon. They were so dirty and you could barely see out of them, but she loved having them on. She is the best!! 


Her imagination gets better and bigger every. single. day! It's always something new she comes up with to play, and I sometimes have no clue where it comes from, but it's still so much fun to play with her. With her cape on she was saving the world from alligators. Don't you worry, I was right next to her, cape and all, running around the house as her side kick, scaring away the alligators...

We had a few chunks of snow/ice in the backyard from our little ice storm we had this past weekend. I decided to fill a spray bottle full of hot color water, June's choice, and let her spray away all the ice and snow. It kept her busy for a good while, 


Bath time is a always a colorful one. With markers, water color tablets, and crayons, we have lots of fun in the bath. 

I taught June how to blow bubbles in her milk, and then pop them. She loved it and wouldn't stop. I maybe should have taught her after lunch so she would have eaten something, but I mean come on, what would you choose between blowing big bubbles with a straw or eating your peaches?!? ya... exactly... 

More or less, this was our  week. I love these babes, and all that comes with them from day to day. That even includes the cranky days and 4 hours of sleep. It's totally all worth it!

1 comment:

Cisneros Family said...

I love the idea of Friday, dump day!! I may have to copy you! And how cute is June in her goggles!