Monday, March 24, 2014

Owen at 5 Months


Dear Owen,
     For the record you are such a sweet little guy, but tonight, you were really giving it your all in pushing both mom and dad's buttons. It's very hard to get both of us frustrated and you managed that perfectly tonight! We will give you a little bit of a break though, because those little teeth of yours are trying to make their debut! Your poor little gums are so swollen and your drool is a constant fountain. I'm sorry teeth are such evil things trying to pop out of your mouth, but you're chomping on a steak later on in life, you sure will be glad to have them! 
         I still can't believe how fast time is going by with you. You are already 5 months! I feel like it was just yesterday you were placed in my arms. CRAZY! I love you my little Owit! This whole family loves you. Daddy can't get enough and your sister is all up in your business. She tells me everyday, "I love him soooooo much" and then gives you the biggest kiss! I can't wait for you two to start interacting with each other. June can make you laugh so hard. She knows just what to do to get those giggles out. She also is very comforting when you are upset. You get sung to on a regular basis thanks to her.  She wants you to play with her so badly, and she loves trying to feed you new food! We will get there. Speaking of food, you have started eating solids this month. You are a solid hunk of a chunk and you are needing the extra calories, so we started you on rice cereal, and so far, it's not your favorite. We even mixed in a little bit of prunes to sweeten it, but gagging it down seems to work too. 
     You love your blanket, and you love to smother your face in it. It really freaks me out because I'm worried you are going to suffocate yourself, but you seem to leave just enough room between the blanket and your nose. You love rubbing it on your face when you are tired and I think it ends up just staying there. I attempt to move it, but it seems to always end right back on your face. Whatever makes you sleep better is fine by me. 


We haven't reached the art of sleeping through the night, and thats mostly my fault. I haven't attempted to sleep train you yet, so that will be for next months update. As of right now you are sleeping anywhere between 5-7 hour segments at night. You take two short naps in the morning, and a long one in the afternoon, sometime as June! Thank goodness. I worked hard getting you two on the same afternoon schedule. Will it change?!? Sure of it! 
     Any kind of music you love. You sit so calmly whenever there is music around, but loud noises like talking or when you are close to the TV, drive you crazy. I can hardly talk when I am feeding you or you get upset. I think your sister has caught on to this, because she seems to be at her loudest when you are eating! You are a super good eater. You suck me dry. I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep up with you before we have to start mixing with formula, but for now I am holding strong. You are a champ when it comes to taking a bottle, but no pacifier will sooth you. You hate them. At times I really wish you would take one, but they just are your thing and I guess I should be grateful to not have to worry about breaking the habit. But I do still try to give you one. Maybe later on?! 
     You love to move and bounce. You can get your bouncer moving pretty fast all on your own with your right leg. It just kicks and kicks and kicks. It keeps you bouncing and happy. You love driving in the car. It's when we stop at those red lights that makes you start crying, but once we move again you are just as happy. 
       Owen, you are such my little man. I love you with all my heart and I love that you are mine. You are an easy baby and you put up with a lot. little buddy I love you to the moon and back and there isn't  a day that goes by that I am not forever grateful that you are in our family! 

Happy 5 months!
     Love, mom 




A little video showing Owen and his non stop leg, that bounces him. Also how he shoves the blanket in his face because he is getting  tired! 


No comments: