Sunday, March 2, 2014

Our Week


Many little things happened this week that I wanted to blog about, but really didn't want to do each individual blog post for each event, so it's getting all jumbled into one post. Really, nothing crazy happened this week. In fact, this week has been a bit off for me. I struggled this week, but I will post about that later... maybe.  

We played with friends a lot this week. I'm not really huge into getting together with friends every single day, or making playdates all the time. I truly enjoy my days spent with just me and the kids. I like that one on one bonding time I get with them, and I know their desire to spend time with me will slowly decrease, so I am sucking in as much as I can get, but we do love getting together with friends a few days a week, and I love June really starting to make her best little friends. I have come to the conclusion that June is such a little follower... I haven't decided if that's a good or a bad thing yet, but she will follow her little friends around and do whatever they do. Now typing it out, I'm worried this might be a bad thing. I guess only time will tell. But she loves her little friends, and I am so grateful that she loves playing so much with them!! 

it was such a weird week that I had no motivation to do anything, and that just is not like me. So nap time became snuggle time with OD all week long, which isn't a bad thing AT ALL!!! My house just remained messy and I did feel a little bad having Dan walk into a disaster of a home. I know he honestly doesn't care, but I do, and it bugs me just a little tiny bit.

June is all about helping me make dinner these past few weeks, so her helping includes bowls and play dough, making something delicious for dinner. It keeps her occupied and then I can have her help mix real food when the time comes. I do admit though, that I sure like the company while making dinner.

The best part of my week. We finally got a new Mac. Mine was on the fringe of death and I so desperately needed a new one. I also needed a pick me up from such a weird week, and I think Dan knew it too. Not that I need material things to make up for an un-delightful week, but I'll be honest, it helped! Hahaha 
 Dan woke me up one morning before leaving to work and said "Dear, would you like to go pick out a new Mac today?!" AH! I was so excited!!! It was so fantastic and I really am in love with it. Maybe in an unhealthy way too... Don't judge

Our weather has been absolutely CRAZY this week! The past two days we had 80 degree weather and then today it's 19 degrees with ice and snow covering the ground. We only went to about 20 minutes of church before they cancelled it. WEIRD! The days that it was warm we soaked in the sun ALL DAY LONG! We did everything we could to be outside and it was marvelous!! I truly can't wait for summer!

We hit up our city's annual book sale, which sells super duper cheap books! We load up every year and it's awesome! I even found some geology books for Dan this year. Ya, I'm a good wife.

Then on Saturday, we got  invited to a Stars hockey game with The Blake's. They have weekend season tickets with awesome seats so we were super excited to go. We left June behind for the afternoon to play with friends, since we doubted she would have liked sitting for 3 hours to watch a hockey game. It was kind of nice just having one babe to worry about and we had such a fun afternoon!

We received this picture half way through the game. I was so happy that she wore herself down enough to take a nap! and Speaking of naps June is wearing big girl panties now as she sleeps for her naps!! She has yet to have an accident since we stopped with her pull ups during nap time! She is such a little potty rock star! We are still using pull ups at night, but thats it! Slowly but surly getting there!

So really a pretty normal week, but still some fun things happened!! I love our small little adventures and they seem to just keep on coming and we will gladly keep on taking them!


No comments: